Specifications & Dimensions
|Package Contents:||Manual, Oil, and Line|
|Extra Spool Included:||Yes|
|Trimmer Type:||Line trimmers, gas|
|Cutting Swath (in.):||14|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Bulk Line Part Number:||85908, 85909|
|Spark Plug Part Number:||Champion RDZ4H|
|Job Size:||Small, Medium, Large|
|Speed Start Capable:||Yes|
|Starting System:||Pull Start|
|Line Diameter:||.130 in.|
|Line Feed Type:||Hassle Free|
|Line Exit Type:||Dual|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Full Warranty/ 10 Year Limited Shaft Warranty|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||13.5|
|Shaft Length (in.):||57|
Ratings & Reviews
This Craftsman Weedwacker Tames Your Landscape
Built to keep your yard in shape, this trimmer packs the muscle of a 32cc engine, adaptability of a 360 degree rotating handle and the added reach of a lightweight aluminum shaft that saves sore backs and helps you stay working longer. A clear view oil reservoir keeps you on top of maintenance, while equipped with Speed Start technology, it’s even push button start capable, so this machine isn’t only simple to use, but designed to stay in solid working order for years.
Equipped with a swappable weed whacking head, this Craftsman string trimmer can be transformed with just a few simple movements into a powerful pole saw, hedge trimmer, edger and more, so no matter the job, you can get it done with 1 tool. A solid addition to any landscape, this machine combines serious cutting power and ease of use, for performance you can depend on. Start it up, and tame your landscape.
- 32cc* 4-cycle engine - High torque with enhanced performance (no mixing of gas and oil)
- Speed Start™ technology capable - Push button starting with no pulling required
- Incredi-Pull™ starting system - Recoil design engineered to reduce the starting effort with a slow, smooth pull
- Straight aluminum shaft - Extended reach, lightweight, and more comfortable for taller users
- 8-in-1 yard tool attachment system capable adds versatility and saves time
- Aluminum Hassle Free™ cutting head - More durable, easy to load with XQ shaped .110 in. or .130 in. line (#85908/#85909)
- Easy 2-step starting - Just prime and pull
- 360 degree rotating handle - Innovative multi-axis movement for enhanced control and comfort
- Clearview oil reservoir is easy to fill and maintain at optimum running level
- Deluxe guard advanced debris protection
- 2-year full warranty
- 10-year limited shaft warranty
- *As rated by engine manufacturer
Added on January 11, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
El Centro, CA
Very powerful and uses .155 line that you have to change out. thought it would be a pain not using a bump head but you can cut and edge a whole yard with one piece of string it's so thick and tough. You can also buy Troy Bilt line that is orange online that works better than the sears line but is more expensive...it lasts longer so it depends on what your time is worth. Only complaint is since so powerful it is also really heavy so I don't recommend for a lightweight.
This is the first 4 cycle trimmer I have owned and I am very impressed. The motor is very smooth running and most vibration free and that allows me extended use without the numbing in my hands. The power and torque is great for the tiller and edger attachment as well. Overall recommended for ease of starting, use and operation.
Port Jefferson Station, NY
Pros: Very easy to start, powerful, oil level easy to check thanks to the window, no need to have to wind cutting line onto a spool (uses short pieces that are easily replaced onto the head). Cons: Power unit a bit heavy but expected because of engine size, handle won't stay put when using the edger attatchment.
It don't have any power, this tool came out the box bad, toke it back to sears and purchased an ECHO Trimmer instead, paid a little more for the product, but in the end I got a trimmer I can depend on with lots of power to get the job done quickly.
Bought this unit a couple weeks ago, used it twice now on my front and back yard lawns (very large yard by the way). This thing starts up first pull and has plenty of power. I was a little surprised at how quick the string is used up and how much of it is wasted, but that's not a big deal really. So far no problems and it sems to be a fine trimmer. I also bought the chainsaw attachment but haven't tried that yet.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Online Only, Extra 5% off Trimmers sold by Sears. Offer valid thru 3/22 5pm Offer ends 21-Mar-2014 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY Purchase a line trimmer or chain saw get an EXTRA 20% off an attachment or accessory. Offer ends 21-Mar-2014 See details.