Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||Full unlimited|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||49.0|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Number of Tools:||348|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Adapters:||3|
|Number of Additional Tools:||41|
|Number of Bits:||10|
|Number of Drive Tools:||1|
|Number of Extensions:||8|
|Number of Hex Keys:||40|
|Number of Quick Release Ratchets:||3|
|Number of Screwdrivers:||8|
|Number of Sockets:||212|
|Number of Wrenches:||60|
|Drive Socket Depth:||Deep and standard|
|Socket Points:||6, 8 & 12|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman's 348 pc Mechanics Tool Set Gives You the Help You Need
When you're working on tough projects under the hood, you need tools like the Craftsman 348 pc Mechanics Tool Set on-hand to help you get the job done well and done right. Built to pull spark plugs, torque down headers, strap-in engine blocks and tighten drain bolts, this tool set is crafted to withstand the most demanding jobs you've got in mind. Featuring an adaptable range of hand tools, it'll help you when you're working on all types of projects from appliances to small engines and odd jobs around the house, too.
A solid addition to every garage, be it professional or home based, the Craftsman 348 pc mechanics tool set packs tools precision machined from high strength alloyed steel built for a lifetime of heavy torquing. With tools like an obstruction wrench, stubby screw drivers and angle adapters that grant you access to tight spaces, whether you're stuffed behind an appliance or elbow-deep under the hood, this set gets the job done while the assurance of Craftsman's Forever Guarantee keeps you working for life.
- Craftsman 348 pc Mechanics Tool set includes: 210 short and deep well sockets in both inch and metric sizes, 17 drive tools, 46 combination wrenches, 8 flare wrenches, 5 tappet wrenches and one half moon wrench
- All parts are precision machined from rugged alloyed steel
- Flat wrenches combine fast grabbing open ends with tough boxes for high torque situations
- Hex keys are coated in protective iron oxide
- Ratchets include thumb operated quick release and directional switch
- Drivers feature handles that eliminates swapping bits
- Polished finish wipes clean even after the dirtiest jobs
- Each piece is guaranteed forever
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
THIS IS A GREAT SET FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS THE MAKINGS OF A GOOD MECHANICS SET OF TOOLS, IT HAS MANY OF THE BASIC TOOLS NEEDED IF YOU ARE GOING TO WORK ON YOUR CAR OR TRUCK. THE AMOUNT OF 3/4" SOCKETS IS A GREAT VALUE,AND ALSO THE TAPPET AND IGNITION WRENCHES ARE ALSO AN IMPORTANT TOOL TO HAVE ON HAND. I LIKE THE FACT THAT IT IS BACKED BY THE CRAFTSMAN LIFETIME WARRANTY AND IF ANY TOOL BREAKS OR DOESNT PREFORM IN THE PROPER MANNER IT WILL BE REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE, IT IS SIMILAR TO OTHER USA TOOL MANUFACTURES THAT HAVE THE SAME TYPE OF MECHANICS TOOL SETS.HOPEFULLY CRAFTSMAN KEEPS ITS TOOLS MADE IN USA BECAUSE NOT JUST ARE THESE TOOLS MORE DURABLE THAN THE CHINA MADE TOOLS BUT THEY WILL ALSO LAST THE TEST OF TIME.
Corpus Christi, TX
There are plenty of wrenches and plenty of sockets to do any job. I wish this set would have included the Craftsman nut drivers set with case instead of the single driver with multiple tips. Also the Allen wrenches are a waste, but they'll get you off the ground. There is plenty of overlap in 12 pt and 6 pt sockets. I wish they would've included hex sockets and more extension bars instead of doubling up on sockets (again, a good starter set). I bought this set during Craftsmen club days for around $349 if I'm remembering correctly so don't pay anything more. Sears.com is always cheaper than in store if you don't mind the wait for store pickup or shipping.
Saint George, UT
Too many of the same size socket in 6 and 12 point. After doing mechanic work for decades I've grown to dislike 12 point sockets in most applications. The set also needs more variety. The flare nut wrenches are my favorite part of the set.
Saint Louis, MO
Fort Hood, TX
Good set of tools for a starter kit. I did have a few wrenches that came to me with rust on them. I was disappointed, but the rest of the tools were great! I would like to see some auto specialty tools in the mechanics sets like feeler gauges, torx heads (I own a jeep), and maybe a pry bar... But overal happy with tool set
Harley Davidson Tech, bought this set for the on site job box does just as good as my snapon set at home, but a lot cheaper.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
If you are starting your base of Tools, this is the PERFECT set to start with. I purchased it in the Tool Clearance area for $210.00 because it was a open package from a return. Could have never gotten a better deal on tools. Yes your still going to need more stuff to compliment this set, but for 348 tools at $210.00 this set was a steal. I purchased this set to start my Son's tool collection and he loves it.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.