Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Throat Depth (in.):||3.5|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||3.88|
|Type:||Bar & pipe clamps|
|Clamp or Vise Jaw Pads:||Stationary|
Ratings & Reviews
Forward/reverse action handle levers provide complete clamping control with 1 hand. Reverse lever to loosen jaws in small increments. Quick-release, reversible jaw easily converts clamp to a [TT_Spreader].
- Ergonomic cushioned handles and grip provides maximum comfort
- Non-marring clamp pads prevent work piece damage
- Pads V-groove design also allows user to clamp round materials
- Available in several different clamping lengths and depths
- Ideal for use in the home as well as in the workshop
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Every once and a while, when you are assembling a project and you get to the glue up stage, you need clamps of all sizes in order to ensure a good, square glue up. I use craftsman clamps of various sizes and I've had real good success with these clamps when assembling projects.
These clamps are very responsive and easy to use with a quick release that allows you to readjust while you are clamping down on your project. The rubber tabs help prevent damaging the project while also providing a little extra bit of biting down as you clamp.
Sure, they may seem pricey, but ask anyone who does woodworking and they'll tell you that it's the cost of doing business and also working with excellence.
New Castle, PA
Clamps are a convenient length for many projects such as countertops. Plenty of clamping pressure. The 3.5" throat lets you get a good grip fairly deep on your workpiece.
I have a number of these clamps in my shop. Can't get enough clamps I say. The Craftsman clamps have pads right up to the bar which means you can square boxes easily. Triggers work well and overall a great clamp. One note of caution: they do not ship well! Try doing a local pickup. The bars tend to get bent in shipping!
Las Vegas, NV
Oklahoma City, OK
I bought two of these to build a workbench top by laminating 2x3s together. I would glue, clamp, and screw the boards together while they were clamp. The handle and the release made it easy for me to do the project by myself. I just wish I would have bought a few few. They don't have lifetime warranties like the similar dewalt but they seem to be good quality and hopefully they will last
I love these clamps they help for securing peices of wood and keeping presure on surfaces that were glued. the Craftsman clamp also pulls double duty as a spreader which is very helpful.
This clamp is very easy to use. The only thing I don't care for is the release. For some reason it seems like ti's tough to release - but I haven't had a big problem with it. Other than that, it works very well, and has a great grip.
San Francisco, CA
Red Lion, PA
We purchased this for our home improvement projects. It has proven to be a very good tool. We plan to purchase more trools from Sears . This is where we get all our tools. The quality and price cannot be beat anywhere else that we know of. I just wish Sears was also on the west side of York...in our area.
As a woodworking instructor and retired contractor, I like these clamps, but with average hand strength, these clamps can be easily overtightened and the tightening mechanism broken. When I purchased these clamps, I thought they would be covered by the standard Craftsman hand tool warrant.....Wrong...The warranty is good for only one year. However, with moderate use, they are a good clamp.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.