Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Swath Width:||36 in.|
|Color and Styling:|
|Aerator Type:||Spike aerator|
|Fits Brands/Models:||Universal- works with all brands of riding lawn mowers|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||40|
|Vehicle Type:||Tractors only|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Material:||10 gauge steel frame|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
Revitalize Your lawn with the Craftsman Spike Aerator
The Craftsman 36 in spike aerator cuts small holes in the soil to create reservoirs that bring oxygen, air, fertilizer, water and nutrients to reach the root level of grass – this promotes a healthier, green lush lawn. The heavy-duty spikes penetrate up to 2.5 in. of aeration depth to get in deep compacted soil quickly and efficiently. An enclosed weight tray holds up to 100 lbs. to take on the job in half the time.
Boasting a universal design, the Craftsman spike aerator works with all brands of riding lawn mowers and tractors. It does its best work during early spring or late fall with easily compacted soil like clay, heavy traffic areas and drought-damaged lawn when moisture content is high. Heavy-duty, 10-gauge steel construction ensures long-lasting durability and performance. Includes a convenient hitch pin for quick, simple hookups. A large, 36 inch width covers large areas of ground, saving you precious time for other lawn activities.
- The Craftsman 36 in Spike Aerator weighs only 40 lbs. for no-hassle maneuverability, portability and simple storage in your garage or garden shed
- Large, 36 in. working width covers larger areas at once
- 10-gauge steel frame is extremely durable
- Enclosed weight tray holds up to 100 lbs. at once
- Universal design works with all brands of riding lawn mowers and tractors
- Heavy-duty spikes penetrate up to 2-1/2 in. to get deep into the soil
- Adjustable hitch accommodates different tractor heights (hitch pin included)
- Built by Craftsman, you can rest assured that your aerator is designed for years of lasting service
- Rugged black finish
- For tractors with rear hitch pin holes only
- Some minimal assembly required
- 1-year limited warranty protects your investment
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Was a ;ittle hesitent after the reviews but tried it any way. Very easy to assemble once I read through the instuctions. Once hooked up to tractor it was very easy to use. Did a great job. Was happy to see that it did not make the yard look like swiss cheese like spike aerators do. Was very happy with the way it made the graas grow. Saved a lot of money doing it myself.
If you want a low priced but decent quality aerator, this is it. It's only a spike not a plug aerator so you have to go around a few times but who cares on a tractor? The only thing it's missing is wheels so I can drive across my driveway instead of having to disconnect and carry it over.
Works good, It was easy to assemble. Parts were all included. Nothing missing.. I wished it had wheels on it to lift it up on concrete. I will use it about twice a year. The neighbor across the street has asked to borrow it already.
Previous reviews were iffy, Took a chance ang bought it with my rewards points. Little timely to put together but worth it. Used two sandbags ontop 100lbs total, penetrated as deep as it could. Metal seems strong. Good machine. Even travels well over cement driveway.
Aerator seems to do the job just fine. I got it on sale for $59 bucks so I really can't complain. It appears to be well constructed and handled two blocks just fine. Spikes dug into the soil. People may gripe that you don't have transport wheels so you have to detach and carry accross concrete, but you know this going in so that is really on you. Don't run it accross your driveway or sidewalk. Not a good idea. I personally appreciate the fact that it takes up less space in my shed. You can even stand it upright in the corner so it has a very small footprint. For the fact that this is an entry level aerator, you can't do any better. I saw other brands elsewwhere that looked flimsy and cheap.
Need add more wait and you're good to go. I don't know how long it will last but it works great.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 04-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.