Craftsman 36'' Wide Steel Shelving Unit - Black/PlatinumItem# 00914901000 | Model# 14901
Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||59|
|Included with Item:|
|Mounting Hardware Included:||Yes|
|Load Rated To (lbs.):||1000|
|Shelves & Storage:|
|Number of Shelves:||5|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Package Contents:||Shelving, upright support legs, hardware|
Ratings & Reviews
36" Wide Steel Black/Platinum Shelving Unit is Sturdy When You Need it
Pile on the books or pack in the power tools, you'll find plenty of space to get it all organized with the Craftsman 36" wide steel black/platinum shelving unit. These steel shelves are solid, tough and built to handle your load. Up to 5,000 pounds of your load in 3,240 square inches of space, in fact, that you can set up how you want it. The adjustable brackets let you mount the shelves upright, to optimize space for oversize objects, or flip them over to keep smaller items from rolling off.
The 36" wide steel black/platinum shelving unit is made of heavy duty steel that will resist most household chemicals as well as moisture, so go ahead and set it up in the basement. Assembly is required, but QuickLink custom fasteners help the shelves go together easier.
- Whether you're organizing your garage or de-cluttering the basement, you'll find the room and the strength to hold two and a half tons of stuff - literally - on the Craftsman 36" wide steel black/platinum shelving unit
- The unit is capable of holding a total of 5,000 pounds at 1,000 pounds per shelf
- 3,240 square inches of storage space total
- Unit's finish resists humidity and most household chemicals
- Adjustable brackets let the shelves mount facing up or down
- Dimensions: 74" H x 36" W x 18" D
- Weight: 59 pounds
- Package includes: shelving, upright support legs and hardware
- Assembly required
Added on September 26, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Needlessly complicated and time consuming to assemble. The real problem is that there are no leveling feet like the cabinets have. So unless you have a perfectly level garage floor they just don't work well. Very frustrated, will be returning unassembled ones.
We actually bought this in red/black to match the red workbench. The shelving unit provides a lot of space to store tools. Right away we lined it with Contact-brand shelf liners to minimize any scratching on the shelf surface. It took about 90-120 minutes for one person to put together.
Bought 3 of these units plus the corner shelving unit. Took one whole day to put together the corner unit and almost another day to put together 2 of the 3 36" wide steel shelving units. Instructions are not very clear and assembly is a two person job. I am extremely handy but this was a frustrating effort. The short bolts if not aligned very careful are easily stripped and their are no extras. Aligning to get the bolts started takes too much time. I will say that once the shelving is put together they are a nice unit and the only reason I gave this 3 stars. Although I would recommend this to a friend it would be with some reservation and suggestions.
Overall the shevles are OK. I was a little disappointed as I had just finished assembling a Craftsman garage cabinet. The cabinet was better constructed and easier to assemble. The shelves did assemble per the instructions but there were a lot of screws and nuts. Given the cabinet the shelf assembly could have been easier. Squaring the shelves, especially aligning the top and bottom shelf sub-assemblies, took a bit of time. I'm picky and like to see "straight shelves." If you want to have shelves that are reasonably straight then you wouldn't need to spend the time that I did. Does the shelf meets its puprose in my garage, "yes," thus the 3-stars.
Very nice product and a good value if you buy it on sale. Assembly instruction were not very good, seems like they were out of order and written by a eight grader somehwere in China and then translated over to english. Wish it came with a few extra pieces of the assembly hardware as the bolts strip easily
terrible assembly instructions, you are lucky if you do not receive a damaged item. It is the second time I buy Craftsman and it is the second time it arrives damaged. It is a nightmare to return it.
The instructions are not clear due to the options available in assy. of the shelves. Assembly is awkward. Shelves are sturdy when put together and look good.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.