Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Capacity cu. in.:||1840|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||23|
|Number of Handles:||1|
|Drawer Slide Type:||Standard steel slide|
|Number of Drawers:||4|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
The Black 4-Drawer Metal Chest is ready to get to work.
The all steel construction of this Craftsman 4-Drawer Portable Chest combines the durability of larger tool chests with the portability you need. With 1,840 cubic inch storage space, this tool box gives you plenty of room to pack a lot of tools for a wide array of jobs. There's space for large screwdriver and socket sets, so you'll have plenty of versatility when away from your shop. And, the black wrinkle finish will stand up against the wear and abuse you throw at it day after day, week after week.
This Black 4-Drawer Metal Chest starts with a cantilever tray so you can better organize small parts, keeping small items like screws, nuts and bolts organized and within easy reach. Each drawer fully extends on stainless steel slides where you'll find your most dependable hand tools. The stainless steel slides are built to last for many years, so you get the same quality performance for the years of work ahead. Weighing 25 pounds, this heavy-duty chest can be easily carried and transported with the comfort-grip handle on top.
- Craftsman 4-Drawer Portable Chest offers 1,840 cubic inches of storage
- All-steel construction with black wrinkle finish for long-lasting strength and durability
- 4 full-extension drawers with standard steel slides organize tools
- Cantilever tray organizes small parts
- Keyed lock secures stored items
- Full-width piano hinge with watershed design keeps moisture out
- 2 heavy-duty draw-bolt latches secure drawers while in motion
- Comfort-grip top handle for carrying ease
- Black wrinkle finish
- Overall dimensions: 20-1/2" W x 8-1/2" D x 14-1/4" H
- Drawer dimensions: 17-7/8" W x 7-1/2" D x 2-1/8" H
- Weight: 27 lbs. (12 kg)
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I was expecting the grey-black finish look like you see on cast iron, kind of like on the Singer CG-590, but got a flat-black finish instead. It is scratch resistant, but it looks much better in the picture than it does sitting in front of me. The picture is very deceiving. The drawers are cheap, flimsy, shallow and typically slide out unevenly. Overall I'm kinda disappointed. I'm actually gonna take the drawers out and put a custom speaker cabinet in the opening. When I but a portable toolbox for my tools, I'm now considering buying one from Viper or International.
Round Lake, IL
- If this tool box is stored in the car's trunk, small tools (adapters, small sockets...) will fall to the drawer below them or get stuck at the gap between the drawer and the tool box on the inside from time to time. - The drawers are shallow. - I don't know how the lock is supposed to work. It wasn't mentioned in the 2 papers. - If a lot of tools are stored in this tool box, don't use the handle to carry it.
Corpus Christi, TX
This box is just right for the emergency extra set you carry in your pickup tool box. It doesn't hold much more than that, but it's solidly built and will last a while with occasional use. I owned the same box for over 10 years until it was stolen out of my truck tool box. That box was all I had and all my tools were in it so I used it frequently. Now that I've purchased nicer quality "home" boxes, I can see the difference in quality (still it does a good job holding every thing in place for emergency situations). I would purchase again.
too small for a chest to hold all your tools at home too big to carry for too long but would be great for a box to set in the back of your truck or car to do work on the side of the road or at someone else's house
Church Point, LA
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.