Specifications & Dimensions
|Electrical Phase Type:||Single phase|
|Lubrication Type:||Oil lubricated|
|Warranty Detail Link:||craftsman warranty|
|Electric Rating:||120V AC|
|Number of Wheels:||0|
|Maximum Operating Pressure (psi.):||125|
|SCFM Delivery At 90 psi:||2.4|
|Compressor Tank Capacity (gal.):||4|
|Number of Pumps:||1|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||70|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman 4-gallon twin tank air compressor features a heavy duty 1.0 HP induction motor with a durable, long life oil-lubricated direct drive pump. It features an oil sight glass that makes checking the oil fast and easy eliminating the use of a dip stick. The pump is equipped with a cast iron cylinder sleeve for long life and an aluminum head to dissipate heat.
The compressor’s triple handle design allows you to easily carry it with one hand or lift from the front with 2 hands to load in your vehicle. When paired with the 16479 dolly, it becomes even easier to move around the workplace.
This compressor is great for all household inflation jobs such as bike tires, car tires, sports balls, pool toys and air mattresses. It is also capable of operating brad nailers and finish nailers for trim/finish jobs, arts and crafts projects and household repairs. Also a great compressor for the trim/finish carpenter that needs a small unit to take into remodel jobs.
The complete kit includes the compressor, bottle of oil, 25ft coil air hose, ¼ inch quick connect plug, ball tire chuck and a roll of sealant tape. Oil must be added to the compressor pump before operation.
- Craftsman Oil-Lube Slant Stack and Hose Kit delivers durable and dependable performance
- Oil lube pump features a 1 HP direct-drive induction motor
- Has a rugged design with a handle fitted for a dolly (dolly sold separately, Sears item #009-16479)
- Offers convenient options for use, transport and storage
- Control panel with single-hand quick connect makes connecting and disconnecting of air tools easy, and it provides easy monitoring of regulated pressure
- Easily check oil level at a glance with the oil site glass
- Dedicated tank and tool regulator gauges help you conveniently check tool and tank pressure
- Inflation/blowgun kit includes: 25-foot recoil air hose, 0.25 inch male plug, ball chuck and thread seal tape
- Weighs 70 pounds
- Runs on 120V AC
Added on February 10, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
First of all, I buy a lot of Craftsman tools, they are generally higher quality than low end brands, sort of "middle of the road", and most often good enough quality for an average home owner. This compressor fits right into that. It's a good quality compressor, with adequate air to top off low tires in trucks, cars, RV's, and bikes with ease. It runs quiet enough that you don't have to wear hearing protection, or disturb the neighbors to use it. This one will not run impact tools or other automotive repair-type tools, but it's enough to inflate many different items, and do small "around-the-house" jobs. PROS: Fairly quiet, quick recovery, looks nice. CONS: Most of the attachments with this kit are flimsy, I threw away the teflon tape it was so bad, and bought a good quality air hose and tire inflator. Overall: Recommended for a homeowner, for contractors go with the Makita MAC2400.
I wanted a quiet air compressor for working on my cars, some of which are long term projects so when I'm in my garage, I don't want to be bothered by an extremely loud air compressor. Moreover, there are times when I might want to move the compressor somewhere else, and this thing is very portable. So between quiet and portable, I'm very pleased with this little guy. Now it's probably not going to run a paint gun or a big impact gun, and maybe as a commercial product this isn't an ideal pick, but for the smaller stuff this little guy is perfect.
I purchased two of these for light constuction: Nail guns, tires, occasional HVLP sprayer. Both compressors competely wore out in less than 2 years. Both leaked at the check valve when new which is nearly impossible to tighten given the location; consequntly it kicks on every few minutes with no load. I changed the oil often and it was always dark from metal wear. The latest one runs constantly and will not generate more than 50 psi. Can fry bacon on the head which is poorly cooled, perhpas the root cause of early failure with these units For the money I spent on these, I could have purchased a nice Ridgid with a good 3 year warranty. Go with a unit that has a cast iron cylinder and LARGE cooling fins. Do not buy this if you need something that works.
- Qualifying Orders $59 + SHIP FREE Offer ends 10-Jul-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select tools Sold by Sears. Valid thru 5/29/13 7am. Offer ends 28-May-2013 See details.