Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||6.4 in. H|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||19|
|Product Type:||Bench Vise|
|Clamp or Vise Maximum Capacity:||4.75|
|Jaw Width (in.):||4.5 in.|
|Vise Base Swivel:||180 deg.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
Ratings & Reviews
4 in. Bench Vise has Secure, Strong Grip with Fast-Securing Screws
The Craftsman 4 in. bench vise is built sturdy and strong to get you through your projects safely and efficiently. It is built of rugged iron and steel, with a 4 inch vise, to put in your shop or garage. It has a large 4 3/4 inch capacity, and its V groove feature makes for outstanding gripping strength. Its throat opens wide to securely grip pipes from 1/8 to 2 inches in diameter. Add the gray vise to your work area and trust in the Craftsman name that is synonymous with high-quality tools.
The 4 in. bench vise has a sturdy, bolt-mount style. It features a 180-degree swivel that provides you easy access to your materials. Fast-securing screws on the vise save time, making for quick work that is done precisely. In addition, the smooth chrome-plated steel handle gives you additional leverage than competitor vises. Another way you save time is with the reversible plates that swap quickly between jobs. A precision-machined anvil top on the vise is perfect for hard-hitting jobs. The 19 lb. Craftsman bench vise comes with a 1-year general warranty.
- Gray Craftsman 4 in. bench vise is sturdy and strong in your shop or garage
- Large 4 3/4 inch capacity, with 4.5 inch jaw width
- V groove for outstanding grip strength
- Securely grips pipes of 1/8 to 2 in. diameter
- Bolt-mount style with additional leverage from smooth chrome-plated steel handle
- 180-degree swivel for any angle access to your materials
- Fast-securing screws and reversible plates save you time
- Precision-machined anvil top works great for hard-hitting jobs
- 6.4 inches high with 19 lb. weight
- 1-year general warranty included
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
THis bench vise is perfect for home use. Its small enough for small garage work, but yet heavy-duty enough to take whatever beating you can give it.
Signal Hill, CA
Chula Vista, CA
El Paso, TX
The Craftsman 4 inch bench vise was of high quality and it was heavy duty enough for the work that i need to do around my house. It was very easy to install to my work bench. I would certainly recommend it to my friends.
Mineral Bluff, GA
Good choice in a 4" vise; jaws align nicely and has the ability to hold a round object below the jaws (not all vice in this price have this). Anvil is adequate and the vice should provide decades of service as long as you use it as a 4" vice is intended. Perfect for my needs.
it is not the best vise but not the worst either I have owned mine for 5 years now the anvil is a joke and the base plate needs more thought if you want to hold anything vertical in the jaws it needs to be right on the edge of the bench it ripped of the first bench since the plywood and 2x4 couldn't hold it with not much meat really to hold it down I had to make a base plate to mount it off from the bench since the jaws have cut outs in the for holing tubing you would think the distance from the base to the back jaw wouldn't be almost flush with the base bad design if I would say I use wilton vises at work and have never had that problem with them but I didn't need a wilton vise for home use but would like to think that I would be able to be able to use the vise vertically and not have to had made an adaptor plate
San Francisco, CA
San Antonio, TX
West Wardsboro, VT
Base of vise cracked in half (at the base) while trying to press a bearing out. I really thought owning a craftsman bench vise would be forever. It was nice for light duty items like holding mower blades, and pipes while soldering, etc... However, I give it a one star because in the end, a vice that breaks in half is worthless.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.