Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Head Weight:||4 oz.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||4.5|
|Handle Length (in.):||10.25|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Ball Pein Hammer with Hickory Handle Strikes Sure
Select the Craftsman 4 oz. ball pein hammer for peining or shaping unhardened metal. It's the ideal hand tool when fabricating pieces to repair lawn and garden tractors, cars, trucks, motorcycles and more. The ball pein hammer is designed to pein or shape metals that have been welded or riveted together to create joint flexibility that allows for repair. This Craftsman ball pein hammer also is ideal for reshaping and removing dents from metal.
The Craftsman ball pein hammer weighs just 4 ounces, lightweight enough to make it easy to grip and swing multiple times when working out a dent in your car's bumper. This durable ball pein hammer features a handle crafted from hickory and measuring 10 1/4 inches long. The hammer face and pein have been machined for uniformity. Choose this Craftsman hand tool when you need to set rivets to complete a joint or to flatten an unwanted bulge or crumple in metal.
- Designed to shape unhardened metal, the Craftsman 4 oz. ball pein hammer is a classic tool to complete your hand tool collection
- Also known as a ball peen, machinist's hammer or engineer's hammer, this Craftsman ball pein hammer weighs 4 ounces
- Its handle is hickory and measures 10 1/4 inches in length
- Ideal for striking, shaping unhardened metal, fixing dents, and setting rivets
- Features traditional hammer head and ball pein head that have been machined for uniformity, strength and durability
- Craftsman quality hammer
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
This is a good quality hammer, thus my 5 star rating. However, I find that the 4 oz size is just too small for most of my jobs and I reach for my Craftsman 8 oz (or 16 oz) ball pein instead. I would certainly recommend having a smaller hammer in your toolbox for delicate work, but I would stick to the 8 oz instead of this one unless you are doing very sensitive projects.
Broken Arrow, OK
Needed a smaller sized ball peen to drive roll pin punches and this does the trick. No more hitting my fingers with an over sized ball peen. Good price, quality build.
Panama City, FL
Bought this hammer to do delicate riveting. Finish on both ends was not satisfactory, to me, as it came from the store. I buffed both end to a smoother finish. As typical with many products from China, it is not as good as previous Craftsman quality.
Fort Worth, TX
Floyds Knobs, IN
I know that there have been a great many changes in Hammer design over the decades. There are now steel, fiberglass and even composite handled hammers. For a purist like me, however, nothing matches the feel of a good old fashioned hickory handle. This ball pein hammer takes me back to a day with things were simpler and the job at hand was worth doing right, if it was worth doing at all. One cool little note, is that the Craftsman Logo is burned right into the handle of each hammer. No stickers to peal off leaving a gooing mess which attracts dirt and grime. Remember that quality work requires quality tools!
I know that there have been a great many changes in Hammer design over the decades. There are now steel, fiberglass and even composite handled hammers. For a purist like me, however, nothing matches the feel of a good old fashioned hickory handle.
This ball pein hammer takes me back to a day with things were simpler and the job at hand was worth doing right, if it was worth doing at all. One cool little note, is that the Craftsman Logo is burned right into the handle of each hammer. No stickers to peal off leaving a gooing mess which attracts dirt and grime.
Remember that quality work requires quality tools!
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.