Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Capacity cu. in.:||9066|
|Drawer Weight Capacity (lbs.):||100|
|Width Range:||33 to 52 in.|
|Self Latching Drawers:||Yes|
|Weight Rating:||Premium - 601 to 1000 lb. capacity|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Drawer Slide Type:||Ball bearing|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Lifetime Limited|
|Number of Drawers:||8|
|Number of Drawer Banks:||2|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Organize and Store Your tools with the Black Craftsman Heavy-Duty Top Chest
Craftsman 40-inch 8-drawer premium heavy-duty top chest black provides plenty of secure and sturdy space to store your tools, parts and equipment. This tool chest is packed with premium features such as sturdy gas struts, large tray area, lid stiffener and enlarged drawer trim. The drawers can hold up to 100 lbs., and fully pull open with smooth DynaGlide performance even when fully loaded. The GRIPLATCH system keeps doors securely closed and easily releases simply by lifting any section of the drawer pull.
The black Craftsman heavy-duty top chest features enlarged finger clearance trim, and gas cover struts hold the lid open until you are ready to close it. The chest has a tubular keyed locking system to keep your tools secure when you're not using them. All-steel construction means this tool chest is built for strength and durability.
- Craftsman 40-inch 8-drawer premium heavy-duty top chest black keeps your tools securely and neatly organized
- Sturdy gas struts hold lid open
- Large tray area
- Easy open DynaGlide drawer system
- GRIPLATCH keeps drawers closed and is easy to release
- Drawers hold up to 100 lbs.
- Heavy-duty ball side handles
- Chest dimensions are 40-1/2" W x 16" D x 19-3/4" H
- Three drawers measure 22-3/8"W x 14-5/8" D x 2" H
- One drawer 22-3/8" W x 14-5/8" D x 3-1/8"H
- One drawer 22-3/8" W x 14-5/8" D x 4-1/8" H
- Two drawers 11-3/4" W x 14-5/8"D x 5-1/4"H
- Drawer liners available (sold separately)
- Chest weighs 115 lbs.
- Comes fully assembled
- Lifetime limited warranty
Added on September 20, 2013
Overall, others give this:
The 40" top box is a great cap for the base and full width middle cabinet set. The drawers slider effortlessly and latch securely. The taller drawers fit vertical socket organizers for 3/8 and 1/4 sockets very well. The handles on the side are very sturdy and make lifting the box into place very easy. The box is much heavier than it looks.
Los Angeles, CA
My first Lift Latch drawer tool chest was the ******** i have purchased.I just love how the drawers just open and close.I have plenty of room for tool storage in which i needed.This chest was on sale at the price i could afford,so i just had to purchase it so i did.Once i got it home,and loaded my tools in it,i said my, my, my, what a great chest.PS.One other thing i need to add is how smooth the drawers slide and stay straight even if you push them close one side.Go Craftsman.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Updating my storage ability in garage due to massive tool collection. Trying to get organized into one location all of my "go to" tools. Found online and decided to actually check it out in store. Was delighted in the overall capacity and ease of drawer pulls. Bought it on the spot and at a great price.
Inver Grove Heights, MN
I got this as a gift from my wife. It is a top quality unit and is replacing my older craftsman toolbox. This one is much nicer and the drawers are very spacious and the drawers roll very smooth.
I managed top pick this up when Sears had it for 239 + tax. I had long since been looking to add a top chest to my 44" bottom cabinet, which is a HF unit and Sears selling this Griplatch unit at this price was a no brainer. A lot of Craftsman boxes aren't what they used to be in terms quality/construction/etc, but this one is surprisingly well-constructed so long as you keep in mind it's not a tool-truck box. For my hobbyist/diyer needs, it will be more than sufficient. Item was in great condition...drawers all open and roll smooth and actually perform better with weight in them. The Griplatch drawer retention system is pretty nifty as well. So far I've been very pleased with this top chest and if Sears ever offers an equally killer deal on the matching bottom cabinet, I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up either.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Home Delivery on Select Tool Storage and Garage Storage over $399. Sold by Sears Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.
- FREE Craftsman 16 in. Metal Hand Box with select Tool Storage purchase over $299! Sold by Sears Offer ends 08-Mar-2014 See details.