Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||7.4|
|Lock On Switch:||Yes|
|Cut Strokes Per Min.:||2400|
|Max. Cutting Capacity (in.):||.66|
|Battery Life:||30 min.|
|Battery Voltage (V):||40|
|Charge Time (Hrs.):||1|
|Number of Batteries Included:||1|
|Blade Length (in.):||24|
|Blade Movement:||Dual action|
|Blade Type:||Double side|
Ratings & Reviews
40 V Lithium-Ion Hedge Trimmer is a Battery-Operated Alternative to Gas and Electric Hedge Trimmers
The Craftsman 40 V lithium-ion hedge trimmer has 24-inch dual action blade with 2/3" cutting capability. This gives you two feet of reach over hedges so you make fewer passes. You will also spend far less time trimming your hedges than you would have if you did them manually. You do not even need to pull out an extension cord. All you need is hedges that need trimming, this hedge trimmer and a charged battery.
Your 40 V lithium-ion hedge trimmer gives you maneuverability for areas that are hard to reach or require finesse. The back handle rotates so you can turn your blade however you need to safely and efficiently. With 2400 cut strokes per minute and a 30-minute battery life, you are looking at a tool that will cut 72,000 times before you need to recharge it.
- Craftsman 40 V lithium-ion hedge trimmer has a lithium-ion battery with a 30-minute charge
- This hedge trimmer cuts 2400 times every single minute
- The rotating back handle helps you trim difficult areas safely
- Battery power and rapid cutting action mean you will spend less time trimming your hedges and more time admiring them
- The 40 volt hedge trimmer comes with a 24-inch steel dual action blade with 2/3" cutting capability
Added on February 02, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Cherry Hill, NJ
Much lighter in weight than a gas hedge-trimmer. Has a long, 24 inch trimmer blades and a rotating end that makes it easy and safe to use.
This replaced a very old one that finally gave up, I hope that it lasts as long as it's predecessor! So far it has worked well and there are no complaints.
Convenience of battery power, strong enough for heavy shrubs, 24" reach allows cutting from the front. Was able to complete 90% of the job, before the blades locked. Largest branches were 1/2", but must have gotten multiple branches in one slot. Returned and ordered a replacement, believe with care, it will be valuable addition to my lawn care tool kit.
Beverly Hills, FL
light enough to carry and gets the work done.. very satisfied with it and use all the time
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Pompano Beach, FL
I purchased this item as a gift for my husband. We both really like it! It is super light, very manageable, easy to flip into whatever direction you need to cut. The battery is very long lasting and avoids having to worry about a cord or gasoline. The simplicity of all the functions makes it a great tool for anyone. The 40 volt battery makes it very powerful.
This is an excellent tool that enabled my trip shrubs in my house yard. What is great about this product is its high reliability and the mobility that I have with this battery-powered tool. I don't have to drag a long electric wire for a similar tools that need 120 volts AC power source.
Searched for other brands -- read reviews on line and decided on this Craftsman model. Very satisfied -- especially with the balance and weight. All others were heavier and bulky. Thought, at first, the blade was too long for my purposes but found it to be easy to handle with more reach than I had before with my gas model. I'd by it again over the competition. Also happy I purchased this model and not another gas or electric, plug-in trimmer.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.