Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||5.51|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|Fits Brands/Models:||Fits most Craftsman mowers|
|Package Contents:||2 Blades|
Ratings & Reviews
Make That Mower a Mulching Master with Craftsman's 42" Blade Set
Breaking-up yard waste into smaller bits encourages faster break down of compost, quicker nutrient recovery and more clippings in each bag you take to the curb. Whether you're a mulcher, composter or just want to get rid of your yard waste, smaller pieces equal more compact load and less time spent hauling and waiting. Get more from your yard by breaking down waste into bite sized pieces. Add the Craftsman 42 inch blade set to your lawn mower or garden tractor and get more out of your spring, summer and fall.
Designed to give your yard a clean cut, this special blade set helps eliminate frayed, torn-up looking grass while reducing the size of clippings by 50% so you can cover more ground without having to constantly empty your grass bag. The teeth and tines on this mulching blade set also create a unique air flow, separating the lawn as it moves, reducing the build-up of thatch and eliminating the need for heavy raking.
Easy to install and maintain, just secure these blades on your mower and increase your yard work efficiency by multiple times while giving yourself the healthy, luscious lawn others spend so much money on. Work smart not hard this season, and equip your tools with the accessories they need to run better, faster and more effectively. Add this advanced mulching blade set to your lawn mower and get the performance of a whole new machine at a fraction of the price.
- Package includes: 2 blades
- Delivers greater mulching and bagging performance
- Reduces the size of grass clippings by up to 50%
- Fewer dumps when bagging grass clippings
- Produces a more even cut, cleaner cut and helps to prevent a ragged or frayed lawn
- Reduces thatch build up
- Replaces part numbers 24652 (138971), 24676 (134149), 24757 (139775)
- Made in USA
Added on May 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I put on the mulching cover and mowed without raking the leaves. Then I put the bagger on and mowed a second time, yard looks great and have plenty of finely chopped leaves to spread around the plants for winter.
North Lima, OH
I used these to replace the blades on my old mower, Im happy with this replacement to the original. They cut very very well and are an awesome replacement to the OE that came with my mower. I feel they actually perform a lot better than the ones that were installed from factory.
Looking at the standard blade I new I wanted something better. This Blade is heavy Duty. It looks a little Scary but it was an easy installation and it cuts the lawn better then before. I don't think I will ever go back to the standard blade. I don't bag my clipping and after my using the Mulching blade I don't feel a need too.
The blades fit perfectly. They are a bit thin in thickness and the width is not quite as large as Oregon blades. They cut by 2 acres of grass very well.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Park Ridge, NJ
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.