Specifications & Dimensions
|Number of Sockets:||40|
|Contact Points:||12 point|
|Drive Size:||1/2 in.|
|Impact or Standard:||Standard|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Pass Through Type:||No|
|Screw Bit Size:||Metric or SAE|
|Socket Depth:||Deep, Standard|
|Socket Size:||7/16 in., 1/2 in., 9/16 in., 5/8 in., 11/16 in., 3/4 in., 13/16 in., 7/8 in., 15/16 in., 1 in., 1-1/16 in., 1-1/8 in.|
|Socket Size:||11 mm, 12 mm, 13 mm, 14 mm, 15 mm, 17 mm, 18 mm, 19 mm, 21 mm, 24 mm, 27 mm, 30 mm|
|Socket Size:||Metric or SAE|
|Unit of Measure:||Metric, SAE|
|Included with Item:|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed forever|
Ratings & Reviews
1/2-in. Drive Socket Set Has High Tensile Strength Steel Construction
The Craftsman 43-pc. 1/2-in. drive socket set delivers solid performance, whether you work in the shop, at a job site or in your home garage. It features high tensile strength steel construction for durability and solid torque, job after job. The set has a versatile 12-point grip pattern and is a cinch to clean with its polished chrome finish. Designed for serious use, you can trust in the socket set that comes from the well-known tool brand Craftsman.
The 1/2-in. drive socket set includes a thin-profile ratchet that has an ergonomic design. The ratchet uses a wide, smooth face to ward off fatigue, whether you are tightening or loosening a nut or bolt. There are both standard and deep well lengths for the 40 sockets included in the set. In addition, the socket set includes a pair of handy extension bars to give you the reach you need for the job at hand; the bars are 3 inches and 6 inches long. The ratchet is designed to work quickly, with thumb-activated releases on it. Use the set for light- to medium-duty work and enjoy the solid, reliable performance of the 43 pieces. All set pieces are backed by the Craftsman Forever Warranty, for your protection.
- Craftsman 43-pc. 1/2-in. drive socket set is solid and reliable, with full-polish chrome finish that makes cleaning a cinch
- Use for light or medium duty work at the job site, shop or home garage
- High tensile strength alloy-steel construction for durability and solid torque
- 40 sockets with mix of standard and deep well lengths
- 1 thin-profile ratchet with ergonomic design to keep fatigue at bay
- Thumb-activated socket release for fast motion
- 2 extension bars, 3-in. and 6-in., deliver great reach
- 12-point grip pattern and 1/2-in drive
- All pieces have Craftsman Forever Warranty protection
- Case not included
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
I bought this originally but did not realize the sockets in here were all 12pt sockets. I rather have 6pt sockets. But either way it's a good set if you need the tools.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Has about all the 1/2" sockets and ratchet you will need as a home mechanic. A little expensive but I needed it now so I paid too much. Oh well.
I bought this set along with the 3/8" and 1/4". Unfortunately this set and the 1/4" set are made in CHINA. The 3/8" is the only one made in the USA - which makes sense since the 3/8" is the most commonly used set. From research, Craftsman says that the ratchet has somewhere around 60 teeth. Ratchet has a good feel to it - much better than the standard ~40 teeth 1/2" Craftsman ratchet, but not as smooth as the 3/8" ratchet that is made in USA. Take off a star for being made in China.
I bought this set while it was a craftsman club deal. Shipping was fast. The trays are labeled nicer than on the 1/4" module I bought in December. The module I received was Made In China. The 1/4" module from December was still a USA made module, so they must be finally switching over, bummer. The fit and finish on this kit though is still great. Haven't seen any malformed sockets or inadequate chroming. Took one star away due to the kit being made in China. Stil a great value for the price though.
West Covina, CA
I bought this set with every intentions that I will not buy another 1/2 socket set. I already have the 154 piece mechanic set for on the go so this set will stay in the garage when I need it. This is still made in the USA as most sets are. Still not same great quality as some my old sockets but still a lot better than the H***r F****t tools that are made in China.
This set is perfect for the home mechanic/handyman. The low profile 60 tooth ratchets are very nice and way better then the cheap ones in other kits. The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is becuase one of the sockets chrome wasn't perfect on the inside. If not for that it would've easily gotten 5 stars. I have the 3/8's set aswell and it is awesome. Thanks Sears and Craftsman for another great product!! Proud to buy tools made in the USA!!
I bought this on-line because I'm trying to build up my metric tools. This is a perfect set for all the projects I have around the house, for auto repair and motorcycle maintenance. I'm now looking to add a 3/8" set.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.