Specifications & Dimensions
|Auto Tool Type:||Brake system|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||3.10|
|Number of Pieces:||7|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Included with Item:|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|User Guide Included:||Yes|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed forever|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman 45-deg Double Flaring Tool Makes a Secure, Sealed Connection
The Craftsman 45-deg double flaring tool is built for serious mechanics. Recommended for Bundy tubing and other annealed soft steel tubing with 3/16 to 1/2 inch outer diameter, this tool makes single or double flares in soft metals, enabling you to make a more secure and sealed connection.
This 45-deg double flaring tool is fabricated of steel yoke and swivel-type hardened steel and features a chrome-finished flaring cone. The ball thrust bearing in the flaring cone minimizes friction, making operation easier, and the bar provides a positive grip on the tubing. Complete with a plastic tool case, it's protected from the elements, while backed by the Craftsman Forever Guarantee, it's a tool you can count on for life.
- Craftsman 45-deg double flaring tool is recommended for Bundy tubing and other annealed soft tubing
- For tubing of with 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8 and 1/2 inch O.D.
- Can be used for copper or aluminum
- Fabricated from hardened steel
- Chrome finished flaring cone
- Ball thrust bearing for easier operation
- 7-piece set
- Rust resistant
- Plastic tool case and user guide are included
- Guaranteed forever
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The Craftsman Double Flaring tool kit is made in the USA to high standards and performed flawlessly during a recent DIY brake / fuel line replacement. The Craftsman flaring tool gripped the steel lines securely and easily made similar double flares that matched the factory double flares on the new steel lines. Simply cut off the damaged lines, double flare the ends, then mate with a union for a no leak job. Avoid the frustration I found with lower quality imported flaring tools.
Saint James, NY
I bought a cheap flaring tool where the 3/16" tubing kept slipping backward. I was doing this job on my back and almost gave up but saw this at Sears and thought I'd give it one more shot. The machining on this tool is beautiful. The tube mounting section closes on the tube more precisely than the cheap versions and the knurled inside kept the small, tough line from slipping. Don't make my mistake of going with a cheap tool when doing a job where precision counts. I never write reviews but I'm so grateful for the time and money this tool saved me.
West Richland, WA
Staten Island, NY
This set immediately impresses as being of high quality, and easily created neat and clean double flares. A must-have tool if you are working on brake lines. The only thing missing is a tube cutter, which you must buy separately.
Great tool! Works exactly as it should and made a perfect double flare on my first attempt. I tried using a flaring tool from an auto parts store before getting the Craftsman. The yoke screw bent after making a few flares on 3/16 in. brake line resulting in off center flares. The Craftsman tool cost twice as much but is well worth it and makes a perfect double flare every time. Being made in USA is a plus. I would be nice if Craftsman made a Metric ISO Bubble Flare kit. I would buy it in a heartbeat. Most American cars made since the early 90's use ISO bubble flares on their brake lines (in some cases both double and ISO bubble flare on the same line) so it is becoming more necessary to have an ISO bubble flare kit as well.
I bought this double flaring tool after an inferior tool purchased at a local auto parts store failed to produce a single correct flare. The quality of the double flares produced with this tool are equal to or better than the flares on store bought brake lines. Sure, it was twice as expensive, but that's money well spent because the tool worked as expected and has a lifetime replacement warranty.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.