|Cutting Deck & Blade:|
|Anti-Scalp Gauge Wheels:||Yes|
|Blade Type:||Bagging and Side Discharge|
|Blade Width (in.):||23|
|Cutting Deck Material:||Steel|
|Cutting Deck Nose Roller:||No|
|Cutting Deck Type:||Floating|
|Cutting Height Adjustment Increments:||0.25 in.|
|Cutting Height Adjustment Type:||Hand Lever|
|Cutting Height Maximum (in.):||4|
|Cutting Height Minimum (in.):||1.5|
|Cutting Width (In.):||46|
|Deck Thickness (Gauge):||12|
|Number of Cutting Blades:||2|
|Number of Deck Anti-Scalp Gauge Wheels:||2|
|Controls and Features:|
|Blade Engagement Type:||Manual|
|Overall Item Dimensions:||70x47x35.5|
|General Warranty:||2 year full, 5 year frame limited lifetime front axle|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||530|
|Terrain Type:||Flat, Uneven, Hilly, Steep, Obstacles|
|Frame Material:||Welded Steel|
|Frame Type:||Fully welded|
|Front Axle Material:||Cast iron|
|Number of Wheels:||4|
|Step Thru Frame:||Yes|
|Maximum Forward Speed (mph):||5.5|
|Maximum Reverse Speed (mph):||5.5|
|Mow in Reverse:||No|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||Infinite|
|Number of Reverse Speeds:||Infinite|
|Steering Wheel Type:||Deluxe|
|Turning Radius (in.):||18|
|Air Filter Type:||Dual|
|Charging System Amperage:||150 CCA|
|Cooling System Type:||Air Cooled|
|Cylinder Liner:||Cast iron|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Lubrication System:||Pressurized|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||540|
|Number of Cylinders:||1|
|Oil Filter Type:||Spin On|
|Overhead Valve Engine:||Yes|
|Throttle Adjustment:||Auto choke|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Front Tire Size:||15 x 6 in.|
|Rear Tire Size:||20 x 8 in.|
|Accessory or Attachment:|
|2 Bin Bagger Part Number:||#24019|
|Bag Kit Included:||No|
|Dozer Blade Capable:||No|
|Electric Clutch For Attach.:||No|
|Hauling Equipment:||Light Hauling|
|Mulch Kit Included:||Sold Separately|
|Mulch Kit Part Number:||#33060|
|Snow Blade or Thrower Capable:||Snow blade|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||1.5|
|Fuel Gauge Location:||None|
|Speed Control:||Foot pedal|
|CARB Compliant:||Not Compliant with Cali. Air Resource Board|
|Seat Size:||Deluxe high back|
|Tractor Grade:||Lawn Tractor|
Ratings & Reviews
This Craftsman Lawn Tractor Easily Tackles Large Lawns In Less Time
A durable construction, powerful engine and precision cutting come together in the Craftsman 46inch 21hp riding lawn mower. The frame is constructed with 12-gauge steel, and the cast-iron front axle for long-lasting dependable performance. A 21 hp Briggs & Stratton® OHV engine powers through thick grass with ease and provides the smooth cutting performance you need for managing large lawns. The electronic ignition starts up quickly. And the automatic transmission makes operation effortless with speeds up to 5.5 miles per hour.
This Craftsman lawn tractor has a wide 46 inch deck that handles large lawns in fewer passes. Twin blades provide a precision cut and can be adjusted for heights of 1.5 to 4 inches, making it ideal for a large variety of turf types, seasons and your own personal lawn care regimen. Large wheels provide excellent traction and roll smoothly. And the tractor pulls light loads, so you can outfit it with additional lawn care equipment for more versatility.
- Craftsman 46inch 21 hp riding lawn mower is easy and comfortable to operate
- 540cc Briggs & Stratton OHV engine* delivers more power, long engine life and improved fuel economy
- Automatic foot pedal controls automatic transmission for speeds up to 5.5 miles per hour
- Electonic ignition starts up quickly
- 46 inch precision-cutting deck adjusts from 1.5 to 4 inch cutting heights for flexibile performance
- Large Turf Saver wheels minimize scalping while turning, so mowing doesn't damage lawn
- 12-gauge steel frame is strong and reduces vibrations
- Cast-iron front axle
- Reinforced steel hood with resin side ventilators
- Steel brace locks down fuel tank for maximum stability
- Deluxe padded seat slides forward and backward
- Includes cup holder
- 2-year full warranty backed by Sears In Home Service
- Limited lifetime warranty on cast-iron front axle
- Not available in California
*As rated by engine manufacturer
Added on January 06, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Dear Sears,Today is our 50th wedding anniversary and as a gift to one another we purchased our 4th Sears riding mower. Our first was purchased in 1972 the year we built and moved into our new home on one acre. We couldn't be happier with one another and our new Sears mower, the Craftsman Lawn Tractor, 21 HP, 46 inch Deck, Model No. 247.288852.Thank you Sears for 40 years of great quality and service. YOU ARE THE BEST. Mr.& Mrs Richard Kuehl Portland,Or.
I previously owned the same Craftsman tractor for 17 years. Great mower. So didn't even consider any other name brand when purchasing a new one. Big mistake. This mower is not good on even a small incline. Losses power. Gas pedal is too far away & when stretching to reach it, seat lifts & stalls engine. Gears make clunking noise when changing. Blows debris from under deck back onto my body & all over the mower itself. Also fills the headlights with grass. Some type of "tinny" sound coming from blades. Deck too heavy to lift. Gas tank hard to fill. I could go on & on, but you get the picture. If this one lasts a year, I will be lucky. Have only used it about 6 or 7 times, and wish I could return it. I am a 68 year old retired lady who just wanted a mower that was easy to operate. I sure didn't get it..........
Have now used my new LT2000 twice, love it. It cuts very evenly and is simple to operate. Very comfortable seat. Plenty of power, I pulled a very heavy roller behind my mower to level my yard, it worked beautifully. Starts right away and runs smooth. And I have to say it is a great looking tractor! Also worth mentioning is the great job the guys at Sears did getting me a great deal on this mower. I compaired many different lawn tractors with similar specs and with the good price on this tractor I couldn't pass it up..... And I am not disappointed!
This is the best lawn tractor I have ever owned. It has a very sturdy deck and will cut even long wet grass. I would buy another one I have used this on my 5 acres property for going on 3 summer seasons. It seems to be strong enough to buy the front end scoop for it. And I may just get one. Very smooth ride I have had a John dear and a yardman rider and this one works better for me then they did.
Chula Vista, CA
Wesley Chapel, FL
Works great, we love it. It's even better with some Dynamat/GTMAT automotive sound deadener added to the underside of the hood to make it quiet as a Cadillac (almost). Super easy to modify to mow in reverse. Had to buy the mulch plug to use it without the chute, but it comes with two brand new blades and the cost was about the same as blades alone, so no problem.
THIS IS THE 1ST RIDING LAWNMOWER I HAVE OWNED THAT YOU PUSH A PEDAL FOR TO GO OVERALL IT IS DOING A GREAT JOB FOR WHAT I BOUGHT IT FOR WHICH I CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT CRAFTSMEN RIDING MOWERS THIS IS THE 4 TH 1 IVE OWN ALL OF THEM HAVE TOP OF THE LINE ALSO THEY HAVE OUT LASTED MY NEIGHBORS JOHN DEERS HE ALSO DECIDED TO BY A CRAFTSMSMAN LAWN TRACTOR SOMETHING THAT IS MORE THAN JUST A NAME A LWANTRACTOR THAT GETS THE JOB DONE .
This tractor is an MTD, but it IS one of their heavy duty models. It has the same drive train technology as my old Troybilt, but with updates and enhancements that should improve performance/longevity.
Purchased this mower 1 yr ago. After reading many reviews both good and bad, the good won and I'm glad I listened. The negative things were the gas tank position and reverse cutting (which was correctable) the exhaust turned my yellow brush guard black on one side.As far as the dust storms, not going up hill, cutting blades cuts bad, deck heavy, no power up hill and gas pedal too far forward. I did not experience any of it. For what I paid my landscaper a year it paid for itself. After Sandy storm I pulled cart after cart of logs stumps and brush for weeks, dragged branches and never had a moment of hesitation. During winter I purchased the snow plow and even with out chains it pushed up to 5-6 inches of show. I wish it snowed more, I only got to use it 2 times. Driveway 200' long and huge turn around area. Worth every penny.
1) picked tractor up from stroudsburg pa. store. it was sitting outside in rain. 2) got it home an hour later and it didnt start. jumped started, still didnt start. 3) called store, told me to call service. not happy that a new tractor needs service. 4) took battery to sears auto center. it was bad and over a year old.(in a new tractor??) 5) went to lawn and garden to talk about what to do. no help. said i needed to speak to manager. waited 20 min. no manager showed up. i left.(#1-5 all took place same day i picked up tractor). 6) went back next day, talked to manager from lawn and garden. gave me a new battery whick was also bad. 7) finally got good battery from auto center. 8) installed battery, again still no start. 9) service came out a few days later, and cleaned fuel line and installed new carburetor.(on a new tractor??). finally got it started. 10) how can sears sell a brand new tractor thats a year old or maybe used for that matter.(how else do you explain fuel line issues).
- FREE DELIVERY on Riding Mowers & Tractors over $1,299 when you buy online or with in store coupon. Offer ends 06-Jul-2013 See details.
- EXTRA 5% Off OR Special Financing available on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears Card. Offer ends 22-May-2013 See details.
- Online Only, extra 5% off tractors over $1299 sold by Sears. No in store price matching permitted. Offer ends 21-May-2013 See details.