Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Head Weight:||3 lbs.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||4.2|
|Type:||Sledge & Demolition|
|Handle Length (in.):||15|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman 48 oz. Fiberglass Hammer Demolishes the Competition
This Craftsman 48 oz. engineers fiberglass hammer is one of those tools you will reach for when nothing else will do. Whether you are knocking down a wall, breaking up concrete or any other sledgehammer-worthy task, this hammer is just what the construction worker ordered.
This Craftsman 48 oz. Fiberglass Hammer features a nice long 15 in. handle made from lightweight but supremely durable fiberglass material. The handle grip is slip-resistant, which is critical, and it is padded for extra comfort so you can go the distance. The engineer hammer's head is a full 48 oz. of forged, tempered and balanced steel power. With its nice generous bevel and generously sized strike face, you'll always hit your mark.
- The Craftsman 48 oz. engineers fiberglass hammer is made to take what you dish out
- The 15" long fiberglass handle is lightweight without sacrificing strength and durability
- 48 oz. drop forged head is made out of heat-treated, hardened, tempered steel
- The head has a large crowned face and wide bevel
- The handle features an overstrike guard and a slip-resistant cushioned grip
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Bay Village, OH
La Palma, CA
El Monte, CA
I am a hard rock geologist, and this hammer plus a 3/4" cold chisel are the best combo I've ever used. Great balance & durability. The head flew off my first (after several years of rock pounding), I lost my second, and now I'm buying my third.
Off-the-shelf fit and finish were excellent; this appears to be well-made, with a comfortable grip and balance, and I'm expecting it to last quite a long time. I'm a homeowner/DIY-addict using it as an all-purpose "mini-sledge," and it's done everything I've asked it to so far.
This is another quality product made in the good old USA. This hammer has a nice cushion grip so when you really hit something hard your hand does not sting. The length of the handle is just right. I bought this hammer and the 5 piece ball-pien set which fills all my hammer needs except for the claw hammer.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! Get $5 back in Shop Your Way Points with a qualifying $50 Tool Purchase.Sold by Sears. Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.