Specifications & Dimensions
|Number of Sockets:||44|
|Contact Points:||6 point|
|Drive Size:||1/4 in.|
|Impact or Standard:||Standard|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Pass Through Type:||No|
|Screw Bit Size:||Metric or SAE|
|Socket Depth:||Deep, Standard|
|Socket Size:||5/32 in., 3/16 in., 7/32 in., 1/4 in., 9/32 in., 5/16 in., 11/32 in., 3/8 in., 7/16 in., 1/2 in., 9/16 in.|
|Socket Size:||4 mm, 5 mm, 5.5 mm, 6 mm, 7 mm, 8 mm, 9 mm, 10 mm, 11 mm, 12 mm, 13 mm, 14 mm|
|Socket Size:||Metric or SAE|
|Unit of Measure:||Metric, SAE|
|Included with Item:|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed forever|
Ratings & Reviews
48 Pc 1/4in. Drive Socket Set Gets Fasteners Turning For Life
The Craftsman 48 pc. 1/4in. drive socket set gets fasteners turning like nothing else can. Designed for intensive use, the drive socket set features an ergonomically designed ratchet with a wide, smooth grip. Your hand stays comfortable through hundreds of turns. With rapidly responding thumb controls, you can handle a wide range of jobs with this tool. Each socket and extension is solid all around with high quality steel construction and precision matching to prevent rounding on each turn.
The 48 pc. 1/4in. drive socket set not only has inch and metric sizes but also standard, deep well lengths, and three extensions. Even when you're doing repair jobs or other maintenance tasks in tight spaces, you get the job done properly. This Craftsman set comes with the Craftsman Forever Guarantee, which means that you can toss your durable tools in your sturdy tool box and never have to worry again.
- Get fasteners turning the way they should by picking up the Craftsman 48 pc. 1/4in. drive socket set
- 48 pieces total with 11 6-pt. inch (5/32 thru 9/16 in.), 12 6-pt. metric (4, 5, 5.5, 6 thru 14 mm), 10 6-pt. inch deep (3/16 thru 9/16 in.), and 11 6-pt. metric deep (4 thru 14 mm)
- Also includes a thin-profile ratchet for comfortable extended use and 3 extension bars (1 1/2, 3, 6 in.)
- 6-point socket ends endure a solid grip
- Rugged steel construction is intended for torque
- Includes the Craftsman Forever Guarantee for life-long protection
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I picked this up a while back and have been very happy with it. The ratchet they included in mine had upwards of 60 sum teeth and works perfectly to get in the small spaces you use 1/4th inch for!
I bought my set when it was on sale for $50. The shipping was very fast. I inspected the set in full detail. The ratchet and extensions I don't use beacuse I have Snap On tools. I've put alot of pressure on the sockets and have had no issues with the way they function or the chrome finish. Had to drill out the center hole on the 9/16 deep socket a little to get it to fit on my socket rack that I got from Northern Tool. I highly recommend this set. But if you are a professional Tech. Use a better 1/4 inch ratchet.
I bought this set along with the 1/2" and 3/8" sets. This and the 1/2" set that I got were made in CHINA - sockets and ratchet. The 3/8" set was the only one made in USA, which makes sense since the 3/8" set is the most commonly used set. Ratchet was a good feeling - comes with a lot of sockets (always a plus). A much better feeling vs the standard ratchet - however mine came scratched. Also the leaver to switch directions was very stiff / hard to switch. I guess reason why it is made in CHINA. Overall it is a good set, dock a star for having them made in CHINA.
I just bought this tool set and was very disappointed to find it is now entirely made in China. I only looked the tools over quickly before deciding to return them for a full refund. Even with that quick look over, I noticed that the sockets have a wall that is at least twice as thick as the recent US made sockets. That really limits the usefulness of the Chinese made sockets. I think it?s worth it to step up a bit in price and buy a US made set from SK hand tools, JH Williams tool group, or Wright tool. I have similar sets from these makers and they all deliver quality and usefulness that is superior to this Chinese made set of Craftsman tools.
Very good quality. It's what I would expect from Craftsman. Good value, as well. Get the magnetic socket holders from Lisle and you can stick them to your tool chest.
This was a great deal. The ratchet is fairly fine-toothed (much smoother than my clunker I was using before). It comes with a very good range of sockets. I work at a GM dealership, and this set has pretty well all the 1/4" sockets I regularly need.
Shelby Township, MI
This set came in and was perfect for what I wanted in a 1/4 inch drive set. It had just about every possible socket and extension that I could ask for. The only thing I might have wanted would have been a u-joint in the sizes of 10 and 13mm just so that I would be able to get to some of those hard to reach smaller bolts on my car. Other then that would definitely recommend the set. It is a great set with a decent ratchet and plenty of sockets.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.