Craftsman Slotted 5/16'' x 1-3/4'' ScrewdriverItem# 00941586000 | Model# 41586
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color/Finish:||Red/Clear, Satin Nickel|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.3|
|Package Contents:||1 Slotted|
|Included with Item:|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Lifetime Warranty|
|Materials & Finish:|
|Shank Material:||Alloy Steel|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman Small Screwdriver Is an Essential Classic
Getting into small spaces is a breeze with the Craftsman 5/16 x 1-3/4 in screwdriver slotted. Your screwdriver is made with an alloy-steel heat-treated blade ensuring that the tool is tough enough for all of your slotted screwdriver needs. The satin-nickel finish ensures that your tool is corrosion resistant and comes with a lifetime warranty.
No toolbox is complete without the made-in-the-USA classic Craftsman small screwdriver. Made with a chemical butyrate handle your screwdriver gives you the perfect torque for the job and the color-coded tip type handle has a comfortable grip, so your hand doesn't get as sore or tired. The tip is serrated for perfect gripping making this screwdriver a must-have for everyone from professional tradespeople to those just starting to put together their first tool kit.
- Your professional-quality Craftsman 5/16 x 1-3/4 in screwdriver slotted is made in the USA
- Heat-treated blades give strength to your slotted screwdriver
- Color-coded tip type handle makes it easy to spot in your tool box
- Your small screwdriver comes with the Craftsman Lifetime Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Floral Park, NY
This stubby screwdriver is great for those tight spots where you really need to get some torque on those large slotted screw heads. I just wish they still made the phillips #2 version of this guy. A+++
Mc Gregor, TX
San Diego, CA
I have a niche use for this driver: Turning the truss rod nut for my old Japanese Fender Jazz bass, which has this weird "+" grove for adjusting it. You could try to use a large phillips, but that would typically ruin the screw making future adjustments difficult, as will a slotted that's too small. The 5/16" size of this screwdriver is perfect for the grooves on the nut, and the handle is big enough that you can apply the force needed to make the truss rod adjustments. I'm sure there will be other uses for this driver down the line, but for now I'm perfectly happy with how it's turned out. I would say that it's much bigger than I thought, to the point that I would much rather have this than a "normal" 5/16" slotted with it's longer blade.
Typical Craftsman high quality screwdriver that is made in the USA. It has an acetate handle that has proven very durable to me over the last 3 and a half decades of wrenching. This tool comes in handy when a stubby length is a little short. The added length and the full size handle give you better grip and turning power. I do wish Craftsman would make a version in the Craftsman Professional screwdriver lineup with the tapered rubberized handle. Also wish they would make an identical size and length with a #2 phillips drive and a 1/4" straight.
Can't beat the lifetime guarantee and this is the perfect tool for the extra large slotted screw heads that are found on our camera tripod plates among other things.
Fair Oaks, CA
De Soto, MO
This screwdriver is great when you need a short wide blade straight driver, most this size are fairly long. Still made in the USA, which is important to me!
Although slotted screws are terrible to work with they do exist, and when you need to turn one and you need a lot pressure this screwdriver is perfect. Longer screwdrivers offer more leverage, but this short length long handle driver allows you to apply a lot of needed pressure to the slotted head.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! Get $5 back in Shop Your Way Points with a qualifying $50 Tool Purchase.Sold by Sears. Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.