Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Color and Styling:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.2|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Type:||Cylindrical / Slender|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Lifetime Warranty|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Create the Perfect Pilot Hole for Screws with the Craftsman 5-5/8-in. Screw Starter
Sometimes starting a screw into a piece of wood can be challenging, but Craftsman’s 5-5/8-in. Screw Starter eliminates any difficulty. Made with a flat blade, you can create the perfect pilot hole in wooden or plastic objects with this handy screw starter. Whether you need to install a new switch plate for an electrical outlet or put together a new coffee table, this screw starter makes it easier to quickly screw in hardware. By starting a pilot hole, you eliminate a screw’s tendency to “walk,” and you prevent it from entering the material at an incorrect angle. Additionally, a properly guided screw will remain in place for a strong, trusted hold.
Occasional do-it-yourselfers greatly benefit from the Craftsman 5-5/8-in. Screw Starter, as it helps to ensure that hardware enters objects at the correct angle for optimal performance.
- Create a pilot hole with the Craftsman 5-5/8-in. Screw Starter
- 15" to pounds of torque
- 5-5/8" length
- Starts most standard screws
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
San Bernardino, CA
I had a couple projects that I was doing around the house and bought this to help my wife. She likes to get involved in the upgrades and be hands on. She has difficulty starting a screw into almost any material. Well she had difficulty using this tool too. I tried it and I would rather start a screw without it but it does do what it is supposed to with some effort.
Mc Gregor, TX
I have had one of these for quite some time and it is invaluable when starting small short screws like those in switch plates, receptacle covers and other places where there is little room for one to hold and turn the screw by hand. The Philips head starters work equally well.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.