Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.4|
|Solder Gun/Iron Tip Material:||Bronze|
Ratings & Reviews
This tool kit from Craftsman features a soldering tip for light duty general soldering applications; two wood burning points for all purpose and script work on wood and leather hobbies and crafts; a stencil cutting tip for cutting patterns in Mylar® and other plastic materials; a cutting and fusing tip for trimming Styrofoam, cutting plastics and fusing nylon rope; and two decorative branding tips for adding round and square patterns to wood and leather.
- 30 watt Heating Iron develops tip temp. up to 1050 deg. F
- 2 built-in heat-deflecting shields direct heat to tips & away from handle & operator
- Ergonomically designed tapered handle stays cool during use & is impact-resistant
- Shoft shaft length for precision & control
- Non-scaling bronze heating element is mica insulated to provide stable tip temp. & long life
- Wire stand keeps hot tip off work surface during cooling
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I use a soldering iron to burn through and cut marine canvas. I selected this model for it's wattage, multiple tips, cooling fins and heavy-duty nature as compared to the cheaper low-power irons. Unfortunately, the iron failed to power up after about 6 total hours of use over 3 months. I tossed it in the trash as there was no way to open the unit and attempt a repair. So I would have to say there is a quality issue with this unit and cannot recommend it.
After reading reviews of other woodburning pens and learning that the most popular one found in stores has quality issues, I decided to give this a try. It is a solid quality pen, the 2 heat shields make a real difference. I don't have to pull my fingers away from the heat anymore. it comes with a good selection of tips allowing me to even do fine tune intricate burning. My only complaint is that it does not have an on/off switch, which is only a minor inconvenience to me. Be warned though if working with craft wood, it only takes a slight touch to burn your design depending on what you are doing as the tips reach up to 1050 degrees.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.