Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.31|
|Length (in.):||5.13 in.|5.99 in.|6.88 in.|7.53 in.|8.79 in.|
|Metric Opening Size:||SAE or Torx|
|SAE Opening Size:||1/4 in., 5/16 in., 3/8 in., 7/16 in., 1/2 in., 9/16 in., 5/8 in., 11/16 in., 3/4 in., 7/8 in.|
|Quantity in Set:||5|
|Number of Ends:||Double|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Craftsman Hand Tool Full Warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
This 5-pc Flare Nut Wrench Set SAE is Essential for Any Mechanic
This Craftsman 5-pc flare nut wrench set SAEworks on aluminum, copper and brass hexagonal fittings and features a traditional flat design with a wide profile for greater leverage. These alloy steel wrenches come in a handy storage case for corrosion protection and organization, while covered by the Craftsman Forever Guarantee, they're tools you can count on to perform for life.
The 5-pc flare nut wrench set SAEis indispensable for brake line jobs, fuel line maintenance, mountain bike suspension service and appliance repair. Headlock™ box ends spread turning force throughout the entire fastener to prevent rounding, while the oversized wrenching surface boosts this effect for less wear and tear on your equipment. A solid addition to any kit, get your hands on these wrenches and get things turning right.
- Craftsman 5-pc flare nut wrench set SAE feature a leverage boosting wide profile
- Flare nut wrenches are the following sizes: 1/4 x 5/16 in, 3/8 x 7/16 in, 1/2 x 9/16 in, 5/8 x 11/16 in and 3/4 x 7/8 in
- Works on aluminum, copper and brass hexagonal fittings
- Traditional flat design
- Made of alloy steel
- Fully polished
- Molded storage case included
- Covered by the Craftsman Lifetime Guarantee
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I added these wrenches to my Craftsman roll-away tool set in my workshop. They came with a nice little storage tray that drops right in the tool chest drawer and it didn't take up much space. I use them for stuff like assembling the air hose attachments for my Craftsman air compressor. This set is a must have for a god set of tools.
I used these wrenches on my fuel lines. They worked spectacular, well fitted around the nut and with the polish they were easy to clean off, as well as a nice storage tray. But really...made in China?? Come on Craftsman...your wrenches are the best in the world because they're decent quality and they're made in the USA. These flare nut wrenches work well, but if I wanted a set made in China (which I should have looked at before I bought) I could have went to Harbor and bought these for under half the price.
The wrenches are machined smooth and highly polished. The plastic rack is useful. The packaging was nice, until I saw in small print, "Made in China." I was so disappointed. I've associated Craftsman brand with USA, but guess I've gotta accept the world has changed. Had I known this would be the case, I would've just bought cheapy import wrenches from the "port cargo" store for half the price. As flare nut wrenches, they won't see heavy use--they'll work OK.
If your working on fuel and oil fluid lines you'll want set of these craftsman flare nut wrenches. They are hex so once you slide over the line and nut they won't slip off due grease or fluid that may be present.
Quality of the item is great!!! I got them for my husband for his birthday and he loves them! They work great and look great too. They really allows you to get into those difficult areas.
La Center, WA
The only way to work on brake lines, especially on a restoration of a 1952 Ford F1 pickup truck. As always, high quality wrenches that are made to last. Did the job quickly and easily. Well designed and made.
These wrenches are thicker and bulkier then the old partial older set I have but are functionial for most jobs. Brake jobs on my personal vehicles is the main reason I purchased these but can see how the thicker wrench might present a problem in tighter spaces.
Highland Mills, NY
Bought both metric and SAE sets, zero complaints. Seem to be made to very high standards. Nice crisp clean gripping teeth. Not as bulky as some around the head. I see a long future together. Very happy with my purchase.
No Comparison!! Compare these to **************. These have 5 contact points instead of 4 and pull from the center of the bolt instead of the tips. Much less apt to round over time.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get 2-Pack Decorative Pillows for $12.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get sentiment pillows for $9.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get watercolor animial decorative pillows for $7.99, reg price $19.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Victoria Classics 650 Thread Count Sheet Set for $14.99 reg price $59.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 09-May-2015 See details.