Specifications & Dimensions
|Bevel Capacity:||0-45 deg.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||7.0 lbs.|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Type:||D grip|
|Blade Type:||Jig saw|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||3|
|Toolless Blade Change:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Powerful 5.0 AMP, permanently sealed 100% ball bearing motor provides 800-3000 SPM. Variable speed dial allows for proper selection of the motor speed for the material being cut. Ample power to cut or plunge through soft and hard woods a like. A flip of the switch allows for quick adjustment of the pitch to the blade, to control the amount of orbiting action, detents securely lock the selection in position. Choose from fast, low or smooth for variety of wood or metal surfaces to be cut. Robust design and oversized cast aluminum shoe is light weight, yet strong. Plastic resin sole resists from scratching the work surface. Blade support roller keeps the blade straight, free from twisting and extends blade life. Dual beveling table tilts 0-45 to the left and right of the blade. The shoes oversized work surface is 27% larger and provides increased stability over steel. Revamped D grip handle with soft grip reduces vibration and user fatigue. Extended trigger switch allows for one or two finger placement on the trigger allowing a variety of gripping positions to match the needs of the job. The constant ON button enables the motor to be ran for extended use. Extended blade stroke enhances cutting capacity and allows more teeth per inch to pass through the material to provides a smoother, more refined finished cut. Redesigned cast aluminum lower gear box housing is lightweight and powerful. Machined gear box provides efficient power transfer to the blade. Blade clamp allows for quick change of either U or T shank blades. Simply rotate the blade collet, insert the blade and release collet. Choose the vacuum mode to extract the sawdust or light debris through the dust ports and into a wet/dry vacuum to quickly remove from the work surface.
- Includes Jig Saw, 2 Blades, Hex Key, 1 1/4 Vac Adapter and Soft Case
- 5.0 AMP, 800-3000 SPM, Variable Speed Craftsman Motor
- 3 Position Orbital Blade Selection
- Cast Aluminum Shoe, Resin Shoe and Blade Support Roller and Dual Beveling
- Ergonomic D Handle with Soft Grip and 2 position Trigger Switch with Constant ON Button
- Large 11/16-Inch Blade Stroke
- Die Cast Aluminum Lower Gear Box Housing with Machined Gear Box
- Tool-Less Blade Change
- Integrated Vacuum Dust Ports
- 1 Year / 90 Day Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Shaft holding blade wobbles such that it's very difficult to get vertically straight cut. Barely used tool. Bought Craftsman to replace one I had for 20-30 years. Check it yourself: Just grab the shaft & shake to see how loose it is in the tool. Verry, very disappointed with Craftsman!!
I being planning on replacing a old jig saw for a while and I found thus one at sears I have always been a fan of craftsman its lightweight and with the light to help you see right you cant beat it, It cut a pretty striaght
Des Moines, IA
Dell Rapids, SD
It has great features and cut through the wood like a hot knife on butter. My husband was extremely pleased with it and he is hard to please when it comes to tools.
I originally purchased this Jig Saw for my husband because his just stopped working. Previously, he had started teaching me to use the jig saw and I was leery about it, but since he has a hard time seeing the lines we draw., I told him I felt comfortable using the saw. I have been doing all the sawing since I made this purchase.
I agree with a couple other reviewers that this thing will not cut a straight line. I almost ruined a counter top trying to make the cutout for the sink. Luckily I had a quarter inch to play with. I bought this to replace a burnt out cheap B&D. The B&D had no problems with accuracy and it cost me $25. To top it off, the blade actually pops out of this model more often than not right in the middle of a cut. Not good. Not by a long shot.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.