Craftsman 51-Piece Max Axess Chrome-Plated Alloy Steel Mechanics' Tool SetItem# 00929309000 | Model# 29309
Specifications & Dimensions
|Number of Sockets:||42|
|Contact Points:||6 point|
|Drive Size:||1/4 in., 3/8 in.|
|Impact or Standard:||Standard|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Pass Through Type:||Yes|
|Screw Bit Size:||Metric or SAE|
|Socket Size:||5/32 in., 3/16 in., 7/32 in., 1/4 in., 9/32 in., 5/16 in., 3/8 in., 7/16 in., 1/2 in., 9/16 in., 5/8 in., 11/16 in., 3/4 in., 13/16 in., 7/8 in.|
|Socket Size:||3.5 mm, 4 mm, 4.5 mm, 5 mm, 5.5 mm, 6 mm, 7 mm, 8 mm, 9 mm, 10 mm, 11 mm, 12 mm, 13 mm, 14 mm, 15 mm, 16 mm, 17 mm, 18 mm, 19 mm|
|Socket Size:||Metric or SAE|
|Unit of Measure:||Metric, SAE|
|Included with Item:|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed forever|
Ratings & Reviews
51-Pc Max Axess Mechanics Tool Set Gives You the Power You Need
Give yourself the torque you need for a lifetime with the Craftsman 51-pc Max Axess mechanics tool set. These alloy steel pieces are rated more highly for strength than the most popular ratchet in the Craftsman line, and extension bars give you increased reach in tight spaces. The set's ultra thin profile and pass-through design let it slip easily over long bolts, meaning you won't have to carry a set of deep sockets. Despite the lean design, the ratchet is well balanced and turns easily.
With dozens of sockets, the 51-pc Max Axess mechanics tool set is not just a first set for beginners. It gives even experienced professionals the variety they'll need for most days on the job. The sturdy case makes it a great auto or on-the-go kit.
- The Craftsman 51-pc Max Axess mechanics tool set includes dozens of the most popular sockets, along with a ratchet with a rare combination of strength and low profile
- The set comes with 42 sockets in standard from 5/32 to 13/16 and metric from 3.5 to 19 mm
- It also includes a hollow shaft handle, three standard socket adapters, two extensions, two Go-Thru ratchets and a Go-Thru adapter
- The tools are alloy steel with a chrome finish
- The ultra-thin design fits over long bolts
- Adapts to all standard socket sets
- The ratchet is 45 percent stronger than the most popular Craftsman ratchet
- Comes in a briefcase-style carrying case
- Lifetime guarantee
- Content Listing Includes:
- 10 - 1/4" Drive Inch Max Axess Sockets (5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16")
- 13 - 1/4" Drive Metric Max Axess Sockets (3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 MM)
- 1 - 1/4" Drive Max Axess Ratchet
- 1 - 1/4" Drive 3" Max Axess Extension Bar
- 1 - 1/4" Drive Socket Tang Adapter (1/4")
- 9 - 3/8" Drive Inch Max Axess Sockets (3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8")
- 10 - 3/8" Drive Metric Max Axess Sockets (10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 MM)
- 1 - 3/8" Drive Max Axess Ratchet
- 1 - 3/8" Drive 3" Max Axess Extension Bar
- 1 - 3/8" Drive 1/4" Adapter
- 2 - 3/8" Drive Socket Tang Adapters (1/4, 3/8")
- 1 - Max Axess Driver Handle
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 19, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Great space saver because of the thru-access of the socket design. Keep it inside the house and it eliminates the need for 1/4" deep/standard sockets. I wouldn't rely on this to replace anything in my tool bag or job boxes, but for a set to have around the house, it's perfect.
My husband loves this set. He says if is one of the best tools he owns and he has a lot of tools. Makes if easy to access tight and hard to get at bolts and all in a great case.
When I first saw it, I thought this line was just a gimmick, however, it is one of those tools that has its place if you have the extra cash. This set comes with 1/4" and 3/8" square socket adapters to make it compatible with additional traditional sockets. It also has the screw driver style driver which many traditional ratchet sets do not include (I find them very helpful for hand tightening during reassembly). Max Axess is not much better than a traditional ratchet set. Mostly, it is just different. It fits in places where another ratchet might not and vice versa. The 3/8" equivalent ratchet has a lower profile than my traditional 3/8" ratchets which came in handly on a project yesterday in which the traditional ratchets had a very limited range of motion because of an obstruction. On the other hand, the head is wider than the traditional ratchets which means that there are other tight spaces in which Max Axess would not fit. I have yet to need the pass through feature; experience tells me it will not be handy terribly often for my car usage. I really like how the lower profile should direct the torque more in the intended direction. Traditional ratchets place the fulcrum further away from the fastener which is amplified by extensions and deep sockets. Sometimes the torque gets redirected enough to twist the socket off the fastener which can strip the fastener. The bottom line: this tool is helpful to have in your arsenal of different styles of the same tool that help you in those odd situations that arise in tight spaces (get it on sale). If you need a first ratchet set, this one would work for you but don't bother paying much more for Max Axess than a traditional set as it is only marginally better.
This set has bailed me out of tight spots in more than one occasion. It's perfect to keep in he car on a trip. for just 51 pieces it's like having my whole tool box with me.
Green Bay, WI
Being a lifelong buyer of Craftsman tools, I was quite apprehensive about even considering this "Made In China" set when I saw it at my local Green Bay Sears store. With the excellent return policy, I decided to purchase it on sale. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of both the ratchet handles and the sockets. One would only hope that Sears would not affix their Craftsman label to an inferior product. I have a couple of projects to complete this fall, so I will let you know how these tools hold up to the job. L.Zeleznik
New Castle, PA
Nice range of 1/4" and 3/8" sockets for light to medium duty projects. All in one case is a bonus, carry one case to the project and you'll have a good selection of sockets at hand. Not for heavy duty projects.
Great set to start with. Unlike my previous set that had a 3/8 and 1/2 ratchet - which forced me to use a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter to use the smaller sockets, this one starts off on the smaller side - 1/4" and 3/8" ratchet for most jobs a home owner will come across. I just wish the Max Axess to square adapter inserted from the bottom of the ratchet (like the sockets) instead of the top. Put any downward pressure (like most of us do when loosening / tightening a nut / bolt) and it slips off. The DO make a 3/8" square adapter that inserts from the bottom - but it's from the mfg of this set, part of a male / female adapter set, and originally intended for tap & die set.
This tool set is awesome! It's what you'd expect from Craftsman Quality! The tools feel extra heavy and tough! They worked perfectly when changing my brakes and rotors! I even had to pound the ratchet with a hammer and it didn't even get a scratch on it.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.