Craftsman 51-Piece Max Axess Chrome-Plated Alloy Steel Mechanics' Tool SetItem# 00929309000 | Model# 29309
Specifications & Dimensions
|Number of Sockets:||42|
|Contact Points:||6 point|
|Drive Size:||1/4 in., 3/8 in.|
|Impact or Standard:||Standard|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Pass Through Type:||Yes|
|Screw Bit Size:||Metric or SAE|
|Socket Size:||5/32 in., 3/16 in., 7/32 in., 1/4 in., 9/32 in., 5/16 in., 3/8 in., 7/16 in., 1/2 in., 9/16 in., 5/8 in., 11/16 in., 3/4 in., 13/16 in., 7/8 in.|
|Socket Size:||3.5 mm, 4 mm, 4.5 mm, 5 mm, 5.5 mm, 6 mm, 7 mm, 8 mm, 9 mm, 10 mm, 11 mm, 12 mm, 13 mm, 14 mm, 15 mm, 16 mm, 17 mm, 18 mm, 19 mm|
|Socket Size:||Metric or SAE|
|Unit of Measure:||Metric, SAE|
|Included with Item:|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed forever|
Ratings & Reviews
51-Pc Max Axess Mechanics Tool Set Gives You the Power You Need
Give yourself the torque you need for a lifetime with the Craftsman 51-pc Max Axess mechanics tool set. These alloy steel pieces are rated more highly for strength than the most popular ratchet in the Craftsman line, and extension bars give you increased reach in tight spaces. The set's ultra thin profile and pass-through design let it slip easily over long bolts, meaning you won't have to carry a set of deep sockets. Despite the lean design, the ratchet is well balanced and turns easily.
With dozens of sockets, the 51-pc Max Axess mechanics tool set is not just a first set for beginners. It gives even experienced professionals the variety they'll need for most days on the job. The sturdy case makes it a great auto or on-the-go kit.
- The Craftsman 51-pc Max Axess mechanics tool set includes dozens of the most popular sockets, along with a ratchet with a rare combination of strength and low profile
- The set comes with 42 sockets in standard from 5/32 to 13/16 and metric from 3.5 to 19 mm
- It also includes a hollow shaft handle, three standard socket adapters, two extensions, two Go-Thru ratchets and a Go-Thru adapter
- The tools are alloy steel with a chrome finish
- The ultra-thin design fits over long bolts
- Adapts to all standard socket sets
- The ratchet is 45 percent stronger than the most popular Craftsman ratchet
- Comes in a briefcase-style carrying case
- Lifetime guarantee
- Content Listing Includes:
- 10 - 1/4" Drive Inch Max Axess Sockets (5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16")
- 13 - 1/4" Drive Metric Max Axess Sockets (3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 MM)
- 1 - 1/4" Drive Max Axess Ratchet
- 1 - 1/4" Drive 3" Max Axess Extension Bar
- 1 - 1/4" Drive Socket Tang Adapter (1/4")
- 9 - 3/8" Drive Inch Max Axess Sockets (3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8")
- 10 - 3/8" Drive Metric Max Axess Sockets (10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 MM)
- 1 - 3/8" Drive Max Axess Ratchet
- 1 - 3/8" Drive 3" Max Axess Extension Bar
- 1 - 3/8" Drive 1/4" Adapter
- 2 - 3/8" Drive Socket Tang Adapters (1/4, 3/8")
- 1 - Max Axess Driver Handle
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 19, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This set has bailed me out of tight spots in more than one occasion. It's perfect to keep in he car on a trip. for just 51 pieces it's like having my whole tool box with me.
Green Bay, WI
Being a lifelong buyer of Craftsman tools, I was quite apprehensive about even considering this "Made In China" set when I saw it at my local Green Bay Sears store. With the excellent return policy, I decided to purchase it on sale. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of both the ratchet handles and the sockets. One would only hope that Sears would not affix their Craftsman label to an inferior product. I have a couple of projects to complete this fall, so I will let you know how these tools hold up to the job. L.Zeleznik
New Castle, PA
Nice range of 1/4" and 3/8" sockets for light to medium duty projects. All in one case is a bonus, carry one case to the project and you'll have a good selection of sockets at hand. Not for heavy duty projects.
Great set to start with. Unlike my previous set that had a 3/8 and 1/2 ratchet - which forced me to use a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter to use the smaller sockets, this one starts off on the smaller side - 1/4" and 3/8" ratchet for most jobs a home owner will come across. I just wish the Max Axess to square adapter inserted from the bottom of the ratchet (like the sockets) instead of the top. Put any downward pressure (like most of us do when loosening / tightening a nut / bolt) and it slips off. The DO make a 3/8" square adapter that inserts from the bottom - but it's from the mfg of this set, part of a male / female adapter set, and originally intended for tap & die set.
This tool set is awesome! It's what you'd expect from Craftsman Quality! The tools feel extra heavy and tough! They worked perfectly when changing my brakes and rotors! I even had to pound the ratchet with a hammer and it didn't even get a scratch on it.
This is a nice set of pass throughs. Would love to see this sort of thing made in America, but you are buying at a cheap price so perhaps this comes with the territory these days. The finish could be better.
I purchased two of the Max Axess sets. A 51 piece and later the 131 piece set. Both sets had a bad 1/4" regular socket adapter. Once inserted into the wench it could not be removed. Before inserting the second one I found that the bevel cut around the socket was not cut correctly. The side that the circle clip should ride up on when removing the adapter is not beveled and has a straight cut. The circle clip can't ride up the ramp of the bevel for removal. Both had to be returned for replacement. The sets otherwise seem to be designed well and perform as expected. Hopefully I got the only two with problems, but I suspect quality control of these Chinese made sets needs improvement.
I added this set to my tool set so I wouldn't have to buy so many deep sockets. They have come in handy in many places that ordinary sockets would not work. Excellent quality
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.