Specifications & Dimensions
|Number of Sockets:||42|
|Contact Points:||6 point|
|Drive Size:||1/4 in., 3/8 in.|
|Impact or Standard:||Standard|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Pass Through Type:||Yes|
|Screw Bit Size:||Metric or SAE|
|Socket Size:||5/32 in., 3/16 in., 7/32 in., 1/4 in., 9/32 in., 5/16 in., 3/8 in., 7/16 in., 1/2 in., 9/16 in., 5/8 in., 11/16 in., 3/4 in., 13/16 in., 7/8 in.|
|Socket Size:||3.5 mm, 4 mm, 4.5 mm, 5 mm, 5.5 mm, 6 mm, 7 mm, 8 mm, 9 mm, 10 mm, 11 mm, 12 mm, 13 mm, 14 mm, 15 mm, 16 mm, 17 mm, 18 mm, 19 mm|
|Socket Size:||Metric or SAE|
|Unit of Measure:||Metric, SAE|
|Included with Item:|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed forever|
Ratings & Reviews
51-Pc Max Axess Mechanics Tool Set Gives You the Power You Need
Give yourself the torque you need for a lifetime with the Craftsman 51-pc Max Axess mechanics tool set. These alloy steel pieces are rated more highly for strength than the most popular ratchet in the Craftsman line, and extension bars give you increased reach in tight spaces. The set's ultra thin profile and pass-through design let it slip easily over long bolts, meaning you won't have to carry a set of deep sockets. Despite the lean design, the ratchet is well balanced and turns easily.
With dozens of sockets, the 51-pc Max Axess mechanics tool set is not just a first set for beginners. It gives even experienced professionals the variety they'll need for most days on the job. The sturdy case makes it a great auto or on-the-go kit.
- The Craftsman 51-pc Max Axess mechanics tool set includes dozens of the most popular sockets, along with a ratchet with a rare combination of strength and low profile
- The set comes with 42 sockets in standard from 5/32 to 13/16 and metric from 3.5 to 19 mm
- It also includes a hollow shaft handle, three standard socket adapters, two extensions, two Go-Thru ratchets and a Go-Thru adapter
- The tools are alloy steel with a chrome finish
- The ultra-thin design fits over long bolts
- Adapts to all standard socket sets
- The ratchet is 45 percent stronger than the most popular Craftsman ratchet
- Comes in a briefcase-style carrying case
- Lifetime guarantee
- Content Listing Includes:
- 10 - 1/4" Drive Inch Max Axess Sockets (5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16")
- 13 - 1/4" Drive Metric Max Axess Sockets (3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 MM)
- 1 - 1/4" Drive Max Axess Ratchet
- 1 - 1/4" Drive 3" Max Axess Extension Bar
- 1 - 1/4" Drive Socket Tang Adapter (1/4")
- 9 - 3/8" Drive Inch Max Axess Sockets (3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8")
- 10 - 3/8" Drive Metric Max Axess Sockets (10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 MM)
- 1 - 3/8" Drive Max Axess Ratchet
- 1 - 3/8" Drive 3" Max Axess Extension Bar
- 1 - 3/8" Drive 1/4" Adapter
- 2 - 3/8" Drive Socket Tang Adapters (1/4, 3/8")
- 1 - Max Axess Driver Handle
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 19, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This tool set is awesome! It's what you'd expect from Craftsman Quality! The tools feel extra heavy and tough! They worked perfectly when changing my brakes and rotors! I even had to pound the ratchet with a hammer and it didn't even get a scratch on it.
This is a nice set of pass throughs. Would love to see this sort of thing made in America, but you are buying at a cheap price so perhaps this comes with the territory these days. The finish could be better.
I purchased two of the Max Axess sets. A 51 piece and later the 131 piece set. Both sets had a bad 1/4" regular socket adapter. Once inserted into the wench it could not be removed. Before inserting the second one I found that the bevel cut around the socket was not cut correctly. The side that the circle clip should ride up on when removing the adapter is not beveled and has a straight cut. The circle clip can't ride up the ramp of the bevel for removal. Both had to be returned for replacement. The sets otherwise seem to be designed well and perform as expected. Hopefully I got the only two with problems, but I suspect quality control of these Chinese made sets needs improvement.
I added this set to my tool set so I wouldn't have to buy so many deep sockets. They have come in handy in many places that ordinary sockets would not work. Excellent quality
Sneads Ferry, NC
I dont even use my other sockets anymore....this is perfect...its compact the sockets fit just about anything no matter how tall or short. it is Craftsman quality all the way and i am happy that i bought it...you need to buy this if your looking for a tool set.
just picked this up and as always in stock at sears, what more could ya ask for. lifetime guarantee and a quality tool.. what more do u want. ok mabie a bigger toolbox. i smell a trip to sears haha..
I like the design. It comes in handy for those long bolts in tight places where other wrenches won't fit. The only drawback is the adapters for regular sockets are hard to take out to change.
I am a mechanic by trade, but my tools are kept at work. I wanted something small and portable to have at home and to keep in my truck. This kit is compact enough that I can throw it in my motorcycle saddlebag when heading out for a long day...never hurts to be prepared. I recently had to replace the motor in my '99 F150 and believe it or not, most of my wrenching was done with this kit. The area to work in is so tight that all the air tools I lugged home where pretty much not worth the effort to use. I wasted less time by just using the Max Axess kit and my muscles! I have used these to do wheel hibs because, again, it was just easier to get in with the tools than with an air gun. I highly recommend this kit to have arpound.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or More Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools Sold by Sears! Offer ends 06-Sep-2014 See details.