Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Capacity cu. in.:||20952|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color/Finish:||Black / Baked enamel|
|General Warranty:||5 year limited|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||345|
|Weight Rating:||Premium - 601 to 1000 lb. capacity|
|Wheels or Casters:||Yes|
|Number of Handles:||1|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Caster/Wheel Size:||5 x 2 in.|
|Drawer Slide Type:||Ball bearing|
|Number of Drawers:||14|
|Materials & Finish:|
|Worksurface Material:||Medium density fiberboard|
Ratings & Reviews
Get Serious Storage and More in this Craftsman Griplatch® Tool Workstation
Bring home heavy duty storage with the Craftsman Ball Bearing Griplatch® tool chest. Premium quality, tough and smooth, this 14 drawer tool chest is built for packing a ton. Apart from allowing you to stow away all your tools and parts, it also doubles as a workbench to give you a dependable table to work on as well. With a half inch thick fiberboard top and exclusive I-Frame construction that give it long lasting strength, this is one heavy duty tool chest you’ll be able to bank on for years.
Featuring 14 drawers that are each capable of holding 70 pounds, this workstation means serious business. The drawers slide smoothly on ball bearing rails and Griplatch® technology ensures that they open only when you want them to, and close securely, preventing accidents. Though heavy duty, the unit can be easily moved around with the help of its casters and side handles so it keeps pace with you. The Craftsman Griplatch® Tool Workstation is the ultimate storage to organize and protect your extensive tool collection, equipment, and keep you working with confidence.
- Craftsman Griplatch® tool cart gives you 20,952 cu. in. of storage to conveniently store and protect all sizes of tools and equipment
- All steel construction with Craftsman exclusive I-Frame® design gives long lasting strength and durability
- Craftsman exclusive GRIPLATCH® drawer system securely latches drawers in place and is easy to release - simply lift any section of the drawer pull to easily slide the drawer open
- Ball bearing drawer slides provide optimal drawer operation, holding up to 70 lbs. per drawer
- 4 drawers measure 22-3/8" W x 16-1/2" D x 2" H
- 4 drawers measure 22-3/8" W x 16-1/2" D x 3-1/8" H
- 3 drawers measure 22-3/8" W x 16-1/2" D x 4-1/8" H
- 1 drawer measures 22-3/8" W x 16-1/2" D x 6-3/8" H
- 2 drawers measure 22-3/8" W x 16-1/2" D x 9-1/2" H
- Keyed internal locking system secures valuable tools
- 5" x 2" casters combined with caster channels safely support up to 1000 lbs.
- Tubular side handle for mobility
- Protect and organize your storage and tool investment with drawer liners (009-65514) and accessories
- Select the 009-59629 top chest to complete your tool storage combination
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 52" W x 18" D x 41-1/4" H
- Weight: 345 lbs. (156 kg)
- Some assembly required
- Warranty: 5 year limited
Added on April 01, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
got this box about a year ago with the top chest as well and have absolutely loved it. the drawers are ridiculously easy to open and close, much better than the s***-o* slidelock drawers. and whilst i have weighed it down considerably it still rolls aroud quite easily. however i must add that it wasn't long before i decided I needed more space, so I purchased the 6 drawer side cabinet, which I ended up filling up quite quickly due to the thin drawers. in leau of upgrading to a larger base box as many folks due, I purchased the 26.5 in ballbearing griplatch bottom box and sandwhiched that to my box where th side cabint had been and hung the side cabint off of that . my cumulative box is around 8 ft long now and has plenty of room :)
Purchased this 52" roll-away to go with a 26" wide Griplatch roll-away I use daily. The 26" roll-away has served me without a flaw for a number of years and I expect that this 52" roll-away will do so as well. Both roll-aways are constructed identically. My roll-aways seldom move from their places. They are not subject to commerical duty. They're rolled out occasionally for shop clean-up and then carefully wheeled back into postion. Both roll-aways are chock-a-block full of automotive tools so they're loaded & heavy. But I am mindful of how much weight I'm piling into the drawers. I'm also careful with the drawers and open and close them gently. Mind you that these boxes are not the equal of double walled top flight commercial boxes but they didn't cost nearly as much. If you expect to roll these boxes fair distances on a regular basis you will have to strengthen the bottom and caster attachments somehow. They will not be able to take the regular abuse of commerical duty roll-aways- to begin with their frames and their drawers are not constructed of the same heavy steel. Don't expect to load the drawers with 100# and have the slides last for thousands of operations. All that aside, I find that the drawers glide smoothly even with 30-40# loading. The grip latch feature is nice as it does retain the drawers closed. One thing I've added to the bottom of drawers that I expect to hold heavy items is a panel of birch plywood covered by a drawer liner. This adds stiffness to the bottom of the drawer and keeps it from bellying when weight is concentrated at drawer center. Given the price point and service ****** of this box-- I am happy with my purchase.
I upgraded from my 3-tier 15 drawer box to this one. I mainly did it for a "flat top" work area, Im limited on space in my garage. What a great investment, it was worth every penny. It was originally listed for $909 on the website, I go to pay in store for $650! What a smokin deal! I love it wouldn't trade it for anything!
Salt Lake City, UT
I bought this bottom chest at the same time I bought the top chest. I like them both and would recommend them to others. The grip latch and the ball bearing slides work well. I was quite surprised how well the casters roll even with the top/bottom chests fully loaded with tools.
Discovery Bay, CA
I'm very happy with the size of this craftsman lower tool box, It has nice wide drawers and will hold many of my bigger tools. The drawers glide very smoothly and are deep enough to hold my sockets.
De Soto, MO
I've had this box for about two years and tonight the lock broke as I was cleaning up for the night. The box is worthless when you have a 20 year collection of tools locked inside. I'll stop being cheap and start buying Snap-On or Mac tools.
I bought this last year for 50% off! In that time, I've been happy with it, hard to beat for the money! Sure, you can buy better/other brands, but the price difference wasn't worth it to me (@3-5 X $). I had looked for over 3 years at different makes and sizes, this was the best "bang for the buck" that I found. Exceeds my needs for the home shop. Solid feel and well constructed. Ball bearings and griplatch are great also. Helps projects stay organized, tool drawers serve as shelves while working I wish Craftsman would make a MIDDLE CHEST with a wide drawer for this chest. Some of my larger tools won't fit into the drawers. Made in Mexico.
Ewa Beach, HI
There are superior storage units out there, but you'll pay a lot more for them. I bought this chest when it was on sale for 50% off. You'll pay 2-3 times that price for the same storage capacity on a professional grade unit from another company. The griplatch / ball-bearing drawers are a must. No telling how long those plastic glides will last. If you're a weekend mechanic and you're looking for a lot of storage, pick this unit up! I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because one of my drawers doesn't roll smooth and the casters could be heavier duty. Nothing else wrong with it though. Prob won't get the drawer fixed.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Home Delivery on Select Tool Storage and Garage Storage over $399. Sold by Sears Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select Garage Storage, Tool Storage, and Air Tools! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 22-Mar-2014 See details.