Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||100|
|Color/Finish:||Baked enamel Black|
|Worksurface Back Trough:||Yes|
|Worksurface Banded Edges:||Yes|
|Worksurface Material:||Medium density fiberboard|
|Worksurface Rounded Corners:||No|
|Worksurface Side Tray:||No|
|Worksurface Thickness:||1 in.|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
Be Prepared To Tackle Anything with the Craftsman Black 6 Ft. Workbench
Brains meet brawn in this well-designed, sturdy workbench. Letting you handle even the toughest projects, this powerful Craftsman workbench handles up to a 1,450 pound load capacity and a large work space making any project you tackle achievable. The six foot workbench fits neatly in your garage or basement and offers the perfect height and space to comfortably stand or sit. Built for the guy who likes to get things done, if you can lift it, this workbench will hold it.
Understanding how frustrating it can be to look for parts that roll off the bench, this rock solid unit features self-leveling feet as well as a backsplash so your tools, parts or projects won’t roll away and get lost, and the wobble-free bench stays firmly in place even as you tackle heavy-duty tasks. Putting it together is fast and simple as all the components line up for a perfect fit and its sealed, banded work surface resists scratches and spills. With the sleek and versatile Craftsman black 6 ft. workbench, you get Craftsman’s legendary quality and dependability for many years of serious woodworking, repairing and general home improvement projects.
- The Craftsman workbench gives you the workspace to tackle heavy-duty tasks
- Large banded fiberboard top with protective seal provides spacious work surface
- Solid steel frame comes with pre-drilled holes for other components
- Four large adjustable leveling feet provide solid feel and stability on uneven floors
- 1,450 lb. overall load capacity helps it withstand tough projects
- 2 in. metal backsplash helps prevent parts from rolling off
- 1 in. thick coated MDF top with banded edges
- Accepts up to two workbench storage modules for extra organization: 5-drawer module (009-1013), 3-drawer module (009-14927), or 3-shelf module (009-14942)
- Up to two rolling cabinets can fit under the workbench if no storage modules are installed
- Utilize Craftsman VersaTrack wall system and accessories to maximize storage space
- Dimensions: 72" W x 24" D x 41-1/4" H
- Weight: 100 lbs. (45 kg)
- Assembly required
- Easy-to-follow instructions
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchased this bench as it was on clearance at a local Sears store. They had the bench, the stainless steel top, as a 3 drawer storage module sitting there so I bought them all. The stainless steel top is flashy with the base. I do have this same bench in red with the standard top, and it also is very nice. I put the 3 drawer shelf module on the right side and a 5 drawer module on the right side of the bench. I was able to organize all of my gate hardware, deck screws, caulk and guns, and my sanders and drill in these storage accessories. Now my bench is clean and organized since i have them all stored. What may be more imprtnat is my wife can find stuff when she calls me at work and needs to use a tool, I can tell her which drawer to get it from. Overall a great bench I recommend.
Assembled Easily. Just the right height, just the right length! Able to use other Craftsman Storage units and Project Centers with this bench to make the Garage set up that was just right for me. Great value, High Quality, and Excellent Usability. What more could you ask for?
The reason I gave this a 4 star is the top. It blisters and the coating starts to peel off. When this happens you end up with a pressed wood top. :( I would recommend with a different top.
This workbench takes a little while to put together, but it seems very sturdy. I hope the top holds up to some of my projects (since it's a coated pressed wood). It is the right height for me (but I'm tall). If you pick it up at the store be aware that's its fairly heavy.
San Antonio, TX
Santa Rosa, CA
The workbench is exactly what I expected when ordering a craftsman product. It's very well built and the demensions are right on. Will be using this for a long time to come.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Well built but sorry to say too tall. I have an older craftsman workbench that is 35" tall. This one is a little over 41". That may seem like a little but working as a professional auto mechanic, workbenches are normally about waist height (about 35 inch's) I am 5'10" tall and there is a problem when you need to apply downward force. Then there's another problem with the vise being even taller. Well made and I like the workbench but the only solution I can come up with is to make a working platform (4"-5") that I can stand on. Sears did it right in the past but for some reason they think well have grown an extra foot.
Was a bit tricky to put together by myself. And I am NOT a fan of having to measure and drill/screw the hardwood top to my metal frame. Not sure why there were not pre-existing holes for that but I suppose it is a good way to make sure you are getting use out of your tools. 9/10 for quality but a 6/10 for being trickyto put together by yourself without the right tools.
Cripple Creek, CO
Assembly was easy and the table is stable overall. The top working surface is VERY soft. I've only had it a week -- really haven't done anything on it -- and it is already gouged in the top surface. It needs a sheet of wood or some other surface added over the top if you want to do anything on it, otherwise it will ruin in no time.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Family & Friends! Get an Extra 10% Off OR Members choose 20% back in points on items in Checkout. Offer ends 05-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get 2-Pack Decorative Pillows for $12.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get sentiment pillows for $9.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get watercolor animial decorative pillows for $7.99, reg price $19.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Victoria Classics 650 Thread Count Sheet Set for $14.99 reg price $59.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 09-May-2015 See details.