Craftsman 6-Amp, 2,700 RPM Corded Reciprocating SawItem# 00917175000 | Model# 17175
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||7.3|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts/90 days labor|
|Number of Handles:||1|
|Cord Length (ft.):||8|
|Blade Stroke Length:||3/4 in.|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Toolless Blade Change:||Yes|
|Blade Clamp Type:||Tool-less|
|Package Contents:||Saw Blade, Allen Wrench|
Ratings & Reviews
6-Amp Corded Reciprocating Saw Is Versatile Power
If nothing else will do the trick, add the Craftsman 6-amp corded reciprocating saw to your bag of tricks and you'll be back on track in no time. With speeds up to 2,700 rpm and a 3/4-inch blade stroke length, this saw has the power you need for construction, plumbing, demolition work, heating and air conditioning repair or jobs around the house. It can cut through wood, metal, drywall, PVC and more with ease.
Weighing in at a shade over seven pounds, the 6-amp corded reciprocating saw is easy to work with. Dual work lights boost visibility, while a tool-less blade clamp lets you work more efficiently. A soft handle lets you keep your grip no matter how long you're working with this high-performance saw.
- For tricky projects where every other cutting device has failed you, turn to the power and versatility of the Craftsman 6-amp corded reciprocating saw
- A six-amp motor and heavy-duty machined gearbox power the saw
- It has a variable speed range up to 2,700 rpm with 3/4-inch blade stroke length
- The adjustable shoe enhances stability and gives clear visibility of the blade in any position
- Increase work productivity with the tool less blade clamp and the dual LED work lights
- Eight-foot cord
- Weighs 7.3 pounds
- Includes the saw, blade, an Allen wrench and a manual
- One-year limited warranty
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
With the exception of a gutless 5.5HP lawnmower (handled like it had 1.5 HP) , I have never had any major issues with craftsman power tools. Light use - 2X4's, 2 X 6's, even a 1.5 inch square piece of wood causes enough friction the blade comes out. I would say that maybe the friction is too much, but some of these I pulled out with my bare hands. To show the folks at the store, I left the blade in the most recent piec of wood, cutting through it with an old hand saw more quickly than I did with the power saw... because any applicaiton of pressure causes the blade to come out. With the power and 2700 RPM cycle this poses a serious hazard if you are doing tree limbs, on a roofe, or ....well... almost any working situation. The blad sort of "clips" in, not screwed in with an allen bolt like higher priced (and higher quality) products. This is what I get by trying to save a little money.
Great Product! Works great out of the box! Very nice clean and straight cuts! Gives good results and a great price. Always keep it clean and read the instructions.
I bought this saw on sale .I have been cutting limbs off trees and cutting small trees down .This saw is very good Quality and very good price .I will buy another saw like this on when I wear this one out .I can now do jobs myself that I use to have someone else to do them for me .GREAT BUY
I bought it for use to trim tree limbs in the yard. it works well for that purpose. This is not meant to be a commercial all day use, for bigger limbs and trunks, I would have to let it cool down in case it over heats. But it is able to cut limbs down in 5 to 10 minutes that if done manually would have taken over 1/2 and hour and lots of work.
Grand Rapids, MI
This is an alright saw. I'd recommend over battery equivalents, but wouldn't for any heavy duty work. Good to have around if you get it on sale. Nice ergonomics.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.