Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||9.125 in. H|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||41|
|Product Type:||Bench Vise|
|Clamp or Vise Maximum Capacity:||6.5|
|Jaw Width (in.):||6.5 in.|
|Vise Base Swivel:||180 deg.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
Ratings & Reviews
Get a Great Grip with 6-Inch Bench Vise
Craftsman 6-inch bench vise is constructed with heavy duty precision-machined anvil to deliver incredible strength for gripping all kinds of objects. Whether you are working with wood or metal, the Instant Acton vise screw opens and closely quickly, and the bench vise base swivels 180 degrees to give you the best work angle. The bench vise has V-grooves for extra firm gripping. The maximum opening is 6-3/4 inches and can hold large pipes or up to three 2x4s.
The 6-inch bench vise grip has reversible jaw faces that are serrated on one side, smooth on the other for no-mar gripping. The bench vise features angular lock nuts and a long lock nut handle for easy use. This incredibly strong bench vise will be an essential piece of shop equipment that you'll use all the time to get the job done.
- Craftsman 6-inch bench vise features heavy duty machine precision construction for incredible strength while gripping
- Bench vise is suitable for working with wood and metal objects
- The Instant Action vise screw lets you open and close the vise quickly
- The vise base swivels 180 degrees to get a good angle in tight spaces
- V-grooves provide extra gripping strength
- Maximum opening is 6-3/4 inches
- Reversible jaw faces are serrated on one side, smooth on the other
- Angular lock nuts and long lock nut handle
- Craftsman quality workmanship and materials
- One-year guarantee
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I've used and abused my Craftsman 6" HD Vise for the past 10 years and it has never failed me. Initially I found too much play in the opening\closing cam action, but quickly remedied that by tightening the main swivel bolt that was 2 threads loose. Since then, this vise has helped me hand threaded 2" pipe, has supported multiple large woodworking projects for construction and assembly fabrication, drill large 1\2" plate steel and hammer into submission rebar and angled steel with my shop 5# double head sledge.
I find the 6" vise has a large opening capacity, holds objects tightly and releases with ease. It isn't designed for industrial use, but then it only comes in at 10-20% of the commercial vise $$$ market! Yep, it's easily handles all of my DIY projects and has been an Outstanding supportive unit for my homeowner construction-fabrication-maintenance needs!
I have owned budget bench vices in the past, and I can tell you this one will outlast them all. Simple things like rubber grommets on the turning handle keeps the vice from beating on it self. The jaw face is reversible and replaceable. Not only can you clamp round stock below the jaws, but the jaws them selves have two small cutouts to accommodate round stock. Please note that there is no hardware included to bolt the vice down.
Lake Forest, CA
Sioux Falls, SD
I FIND THIS VISE A GREAT ADDITION TO MY NEW GARAGE/ SHOP. IT IS A GREAT VALUE AND WAS ON MY LIST WHEN I WENT TO SEARS. BETTER YET WHEN I GOT IN STORE IT WAS ON SALE!!!
Browns Mills, NJ
Ann Arbor, MI
I was very impressed with the quality of this bench vice. Very Heavy duty! A nice flat Anvil area and extra wide 6" jaws make this a very nice vice.
I found myself using an old vise I bought back when I was in high school more and more as my projects became more complex over the years. At the time, I bought a cheap vise from wherever I could cause my outlook was price>quality. Needless to say, I wasted a lot of money on junk tools back then, not realizing that I could spend a little more and get a craftsman tool that would last a lifetime. As often as I can afford, I'm replacing all my tools with craftsman tools and now my projects come out a lot better now that I have the right tools. Don't waste your time or money fiddling with junk tools from ******* or **************, spend just a little more and have a tool built to last a lifetime of use.
This vise works very well. It has the pole clamp so you can locked down poles. Also, I like that you can flip the jaws of the vise to either have a smooth or rough texture.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get $10 back in points when placing a tool order online for $99 and choosing free store pick up. Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.