Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||9.125 in. H|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||41|
|Product Type:||Bench Vise|
|Clamp or Vise Maximum Capacity:||6.5|
|Jaw Width (in.):||6.5 in.|
|Vise Base Swivel:||180 deg.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
Ratings & Reviews
Get a Great Grip with 6-Inch Bench Vise
Craftsman 6-inch bench vise is constructed with heavy duty precision-machined anvil to deliver incredible strength for gripping all kinds of objects. Whether you are working with wood or metal, the Instant Acton vise screw opens and closely quickly, and the bench vise base swivels 180 degrees to give you the best work angle. The bench vise has V-grooves for extra firm gripping. The maximum opening is 6-3/4 inches and can hold large pipes or up to three 2x4s.
The 6-inch bench vise grip has reversible jaw faces that are serrated on one side, smooth on the other for no-mar gripping. The bench vise features angular lock nuts and a long lock nut handle for easy use. This incredibly strong bench vise will be an essential piece of shop equipment that you'll use all the time to get the job done.
- Craftsman 6-inch bench vise features heavy duty machine precision construction for incredible strength while gripping
- Bench vise is suitable for working with wood and metal objects
- The Instant Action vise screw lets you open and close the vise quickly
- The vise base swivels 180 degrees to get a good angle in tight spaces
- V-grooves provide extra gripping strength
- Maximum opening is 6-3/4 inches
- Reversible jaw faces are serrated on one side, smooth on the other
- Angular lock nuts and long lock nut handle
- Craftsman quality workmanship and materials
- One-year guarantee
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I've used and abused my Craftsman 6" HD Vise for the past 10 years and it has never failed me. Initially I found too much play in the opening\closing cam action, but quickly remedied that by tightening the main swivel bolt that was 2 threads loose. Since then, this vise has helped me hand threaded 2" pipe, has supported multiple large woodworking projects for construction and assembly fabrication, drill large 1\2" plate steel and hammer into submission rebar and angled steel with my shop 5# double head sledge.
I find the 6" vise has a large opening capacity, holds objects tightly and releases with ease. It isn't designed for industrial use, but then it only comes in at 10-20% of the commercial vise $$$ market! Yep, it's easily handles all of my DIY projects and has been an Outstanding supportive unit for my homeowner construction-fabrication-maintenance needs!
this is more heavy duty than I was expecting. It has done great even when clamping tractor parts and banging away on them! Be sure to anchor it good to your work bench.
Bought this 6" Craftsman vise on Jan 31, 2014 and received the vise in good shape on Feb 5, 2014. Love the size and features. Didn't try to reverse the jaw face plates until Jan 30, 2015, and found that two of the face plate hex screws were impossible to remove, even with a good quality hex key. Also, the other two screws were very hard to remove, and had some type of sticky goo in the threads that made removal difficult. Because the vise was still under warranty, I took it back to the local Sears store, and they couldn't remove the screws either. Kindly, they replaced the whole vise with a new one. But, before leaving the store, I tried removing the face plate screws on the new vise, and only one of four could be removed by me or by the store personnel. Took the new vise home anyway, and finally found a way to remove the screws by hammering an impact tool T-20 Torx bit into the hex hole in the screw head, such that the star points of the Torx bit matched the points of the hexagonal hole in the screw, and only then could I generate enough force to remove the screws by using a wrench to twist the Torx bit. I cleaned the screw threads and used penetrating oil to dissolve the remaining goo, and now the screws can be inserted and removed easily using a hex key. I'm guessing the manufacturer never got the memo about "reversible" and "replaceable" jaw face plates.
After reading other reviews seeing the bad and the good from this I went ahead and bought it anyways. I use it a couple times a week and so far it has been great and has held up to all the stress I have put it through. I mainly do woodworking and random home improvement projects where I am not putting the vise under lots of pressure and hitting on anything I have locked down. If you were to use it as I do you would not regret buying this vise.
Grand Junction, CO
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get 2-Pack Decorative Pillows for $12.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get sentiment pillows for $9.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get watercolor animial decorative pillows for $7.99, reg price $19.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Victoria Classics 650 Thread Count Sheet Set for $14.99 reg price $59.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 09-May-2015 See details.