Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||6 in.|
|Throat Depth (in.):||2.75|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.5|
Ratings & Reviews
Keep It Together With the Craftsman 6" Iron C-Clamp
The Craftsman 6 in. ductile iron C-clamp is just what you're looking for when you need an extra hand for your project. Made with a ductile iron frame, this clamp is a champ when it comes to holding down your metal or woodwork piece in place without a wobble or slip.
The Craftsman 6 in. iron C-clamp is tough. It has a plated steel screw and a sliding pin handle that works like a bigger clamp to keep your work in place precisely where you want it to be. Many people keep a few of these clamps in their car, truck, workshop and tool chest because there are so many times a clamp is exactly what you need to get a job done.
- This Craftsman 6" ductile iron C-clamp is inexpensive but invaluable to the homeowner or tradesperson
- Made from strong ductile iron, the clamp has the ability to exert a great deal of pressure that belies its size
- Plated steel screw is engineered to stay in place
- Sliding pin handle helps you to position your C-clamp easily
- Perfect for many carpentry or metal welding jobs
- You can also use this clamp for times when you want to put pressure on a glued wood piece
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought a set of these to use in my workshop and out in the field. They were a great bargain when they were on sale. They dropped right into my carpenter's tool crib. My workbench has a very thick wood top surface and these clamps open up wide enough to clamp to the thick wood members. I even used them to clamp some wood landscaping timbers together when I drilled holes to pound rebar stakes through. These are a must have for a good tool collection.
A Craftsman Hand Tool made in China!
The Armstrong clamps are made in the U.S.A., cost a lot more, but worth it!
Heavy duty and well constructed! Was more than pleased at how easily it compressed heavy duty truck springs. The right tool dr the job and will be in my tool box for years to come.
These clamps are stout and well made. Very good value for the price. The swivel end is not a cheap stamping found on junk C-clamps. Don't expect to have any problems with these
Sure I could have bought this item somewhere else but when I look back at my grandfather's tool set and father's tool set I always find a functioning Craftsman C Clamp. That's why I purchased one of my own and have been satisfied with my purchase since.
Bonny Doon, CA
I inherited over a dozen Craftsman 6 Inch Ductil Iron C-Clamps from my father, plus a few other shapes and sizes of C-Clamp. They have definitly stood up to the test of time. Over the years we had used these clamps for many different projects, and except for the jaw width or the throat depth not being big enough, they have served wonderfully. I myself have used and abused thes clamps numerous times, and only had three failures. One I managed to torque so bad the jaws bent out of alignment. With a large bench vise and an even bigger pry bar I was able to straighten it out. The other two failures involed the swivel cup coming off. One of these was a direct exchange down at the local Sears. The other I was able to re attach the cup and the clamp is servicable as ever. Mine were all made in the U.S.A., I am not sure how the "new" Chinese made clamps will work, but will be giving two of them the same treatment as my old ones in the next coming weeks. I will let you know how they work out.
After breaking most of my 6" harbor fright C-clamps I started to buy craftsman's 6" C-clamps and have swapped almost all of them out by now. So far I haven't broke a single craftsman C-clamp, and I have abused them :) I would say if you need some good 6" C clamps without breaking the bank these are for you!
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.