Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Head Weight:||6 oz.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.8|
|Type:||Rubber mallet/plastic tip|
|Handle Length (in.):||10.5|
Ratings & Reviews
Plastic tips on this hammer are designed to wear away as they protect the surface being struck. Replacement is as easy as prying off the old tip and popping on the new one.
- Forged, high carbon, quality steelhead. Supplied with replaceable tips, one soft red and one hard yellow. Flame treated hickory handle.
- Replacement Yellow Tips (009 38301)
- Replacement Red Tips (009 38299)
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Mesilla Park, NM
This is perfect for all the gun smithing I do. Both ends are replaceable witch is very nice to have. Just as you grow fond of a tool It tends to wear out especially for soft ended hammers. Has been perfect and won't scratch any fire arms if you accidentally miss the intended ****** or get a little to zealous. Wonderful product I love craftsmen not always for the quality but for the lifetime garrentee. I'll be shopping at sears for years to come. Also best staff I have ever delt with. Very friendly and helpful!
Mackinaw City, MI
Great little hammer if your trying to avoid marking up finish or just need a slight little impact to tap part in to alignment without damaging a vital part.
New Bern, NC
This is a very good hammer for flat-packed furniture assembly. The light weight is good for setting dowels and pegs and closing gaps between pieces. Six ounces is quite light; if you require more than light taps, consider the 12 oz. version.
Colorado Springs, CO
I bought this to use on my firearms so I don't scratch them up. It works great and never leaves a mark on the gun metal. I would buy again if needed.
I'm currently using this lightweight hammer to cheat trim pieces on a new kitchen install. It works great, no surface marring and the light weight means I make a lot of small precise moves instead of larger adjustments that will need further correction.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.