Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||6.2 in. L|
|Integrated Blade Storage:||Yes|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.24|
|Handle Type:||Soft grip|
Ratings & Reviews
Soft-Grip Utility Knife Comes With Three Heavy-Duty Blades
Uses for the Craftsman soft-grip utility knife vary, from cutting boxes and plastics to drywall and roof shingles. Whether you're a professional Craftsman or a DIY enthusiast, this hand tool is a must-own. The Craftsman utility knife is high quality with a soft grip that helps prevent hand fatigue. The knife is made of silver-painted aluminum with a soft, Santoprene cover. It is small and lightweight for ease of use on the go, from job to job.
The soft-grip utility knife has a slider, made of tempered spring metal, to give you fast access to the blades within. The knife contains three heavy-duty blades in the handle, 0.024 inches thick. In addition, universal two-notch and three-notch blades fit. A useful feature is the internal rubber fingers, which prevent spare blades from dulling or shaking. The Craftsman name proudly displays on the knife's side; trust in the brand that is well-known for the high standards it sets for its tools. It has a sleek appearance in silver and black, with a 6.2-inch length.
- The Craftsman soft-grip utility knife is handy for cutting plastics, boxes and more
- At 6.2 inches long, it is small enough to be take with you to job sites
- Lightweight at only 0.24 pounds
- Soft grip helps prevent fatigue
- Silver-plated aluminum with soft, Santoprene cover
- Sleek looking in silver and white, with popular Craftsman logo along side
- Slider made of tempered spring metal for fast access to hidden blades
- Contains three heavy-duty blades, 0.024 inches thick
- Universal two-notch and three-notch blades fit within
- No shaking or dulling of spare blades, thanks to internal rubber fingers
- Sales of knives is prohibited or restricted in these US states: AL, FL, ID, KS, MA, MD, ME, MS, NC, NY, OH, OK, RI, TX, VI, WA, WI, WV
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
These utility knives are a great value. I like being able to use a portion of the blade sometimes depending on the thickness of the material I am cutting. The comfort grip handle helps to get a better grip also. When I cut roofing shingles I use a non-retractable utility knife because I don't want the blade to collapse while trying to make good time. Revision 6/12/2010 - Buyer Beware! These might have been outlawed.
San Ramon, CA
A very well built utility knife. It is small and lightweight. Blade is sharp and has spare one stored inside the unit. I would recommend it to anyone.
Just got this because it was cheap, like 5 bucks, and it's a utility knife. I was happy when I got it because it's easy to open (a push of a button and it pulls apart) and change the blades, it came with 2 spare blades inside of it and is otherwise what you would expect from this type of utility knife.
San Benito, TX
i purchased this utility knife at the moment i got it best knife I've had it very comfortable to handle plus very easy to exchange blades without tools like other brands. i will be going back to purchase two more. in a push of a heavy duty button it will open and have extra blades inside to replace the worn out ones. i really like this one compared to other ones i have at home. very sturdy and push button very heavy duty.
We would definitely recommend this item! We have been very pleased with both the quality and the price. It has been exactly what was needed to get the job done!
Bought this knife to open boxes at home and so far it serves its purpose very well. However, I have not used it for heavy duty so I can't comment on that aspect.
Liberty Center, OH
This is a Very Good Utility Knife , seems to be built Well and Works Well , Blades are Sharp , this Knife feels Good in my Hand , I have been using it often since I purchased it .
Westlake Village, CA
Made of what seems to be low quality pot metal and/or plastic. I expected something more heavy-duty. Good design but I've got my doubts about how long it'll last.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I bought this item using the points I accumulated. It has rave reviews. I am pleased with the item. I picked up in store. Fast processing. Hopefully it will stay sharp for long.
This one does have the feature of retracting the knife back in its handle for safe storage and the feel of the knife is softer compared to other utility knives. It also has spare blades inside I believe.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools Sold by Sears! Discount reflected in price shown. Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.