Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||7 in. L|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.45|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Revolutionary and unique, these 7 in. pliers from Craftsman are fully adjustable and convenient enough to be carried around in your pocket. Adjusts from 1/8 to 1-1/4 in. Made from oil-hardened special alloy-tool steel for greater strength and durability, these pliers are strong enough to handle your toughest jobs with ease. The unique push-button adjustment mechanism saves on time and hand cramps.
- Locking mechanism retains jaw size & setting until readjusted
- Parallel jaw design provides a non-slip grip on round, hex or square work pieces
- Operates with one-handed downward pressure; does not require handle squeezing
- 11-position adjustment assures a precise fit on any object within working capacity
- Thin jaws for access in tight places
- 2-component ergonomic handle for greater comfort in use
- Integrated handle-stop prevents fingers from being pinched
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
San Diego, CA
This set if channel locks is so convenient and light weight that it helps to lighten up your tool bag and save your back. Its small size allows you to use it in cramped spaces but it still has all the torque you would expect from a reliable set of channel locks! Great purchase!
I used channel locks and other similar types of pliers. After a month or two I notice the pliers are a bit sticky, to change sizes takes several attempts to get in groove. Used these for a week, comfortable in back pocket and the quick button is genius.
Peachtree City, GA
These pliers grip everything, and fit everywhere. I use them constantly at work and home, I have bought three pairs, so I have them around. After borrowing some from a coworker. I finally decided I needed them. I usually am against any "adjustable" wrenched these work, and $25 is well worth avoiding frustrating tools that don't do the job.
I purchased this after I saw a friend with a similar model from Snap-On. It was half the price and works awesome. But, be aware. They make 2 different models. They have the same number on the packaging. One is not as good as the other. The head is wider and won't fit into smaller places. It is a tad bulkier and the locking mechanism is different. That is the major issue I didn't like about the difference between the 2. I own 2 pair. I purchased the pair I like initially, then decided I would like to have a back-up pair for my off-road tool box. I bought the imposter and the locking button slipped. I took them back the same day. The easiest way to tell is one has a polished button and the other has a black button. I have 2 polished versions. I hope this helps.
These pliers will reach in tight areas where others will not. They are strong and I haven't felt any "play" in them yet. I use these everyday as an industrial maintenance tech. These appear to be a german made copy of the Knipex Cobra. The price seems high but they are not as expensive as the Knipex.
The Craftsman 7 in. Adjustable Pliers are probally my favorite most used pliers in my shop (if not, then they are very close to the top). They are strong and have a tough bite when you need some bite. They come wiith the famouse Craftsman life time warranty. Great handles with comfortable grip and I really like the push botton locking mechanism to prevent slippage when you adjust to the size that you are neeing. I use this set of pliers daily in my small engine repair shop and have gotten the opportunity to really put them through the ringer and thoroughly test them out. They have passed my requirements by a long shot. I am very pleased with this set. These pliers get used on lawn tractors, tiller, 4-wheelers, pushmowers, hi-wheeled weed wackers, compressors, pumps, cars, bicycles, and much more. Great quality and great strength. I have not had the jaws slip a single time when I set the locking button. That alone, sold me right then and there. I got anohte rset for my wife's tool box that she has in the house and she really likes her set, too. I got my uncle a set for a Christmas gift and he does a lot of mechanic work and welding projects. He really liked his set. He saw they were Craftsman and said good. I know they will last. I recommend this set of pliers to any hobbiest or DIYer, or mechanic.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.