Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||7 in. L|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.45|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Revolutionary and unique, these 7 in. pliers from Craftsman are fully adjustable and convenient enough to be carried around in your pocket. Adjusts from 1/8 to 1-1/4 in. Made from oil-hardened special alloy-tool steel for greater strength and durability, these pliers are strong enough to handle your toughest jobs with ease. The unique push-button adjustment mechanism saves on time and hand cramps.
- Locking mechanism retains jaw size & setting until readjusted
- Parallel jaw design provides a non-slip grip on round, hex or square work pieces
- Operates with one-handed downward pressure; does not require handle squeezing
- 11-position adjustment assures a precise fit on any object within working capacity
- Thin jaws for access in tight places
- 2-component ergonomic handle for greater comfort in use
- Integrated handle-stop prevents fingers from being pinched
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
The Craftsman 'cobra' pliers are simply outstanding! They are well-built, adjustable, comfortable, lightweight and a tremendous overall value, especially when purchased on sale. Great addition to the tool box and they can cover a myriad of jobs around the house or in a shop setting. Made in Germany and should easily last a lifetime.
San Diego, CA
This set if channel locks is so convenient and light weight that it helps to lighten up your tool bag and save your back. Its small size allows you to use it in cramped spaces but it still has all the torque you would expect from a reliable set of channel locks! Great purchase!
I used channel locks and other similar types of pliers. After a month or two I notice the pliers are a bit sticky, to change sizes takes several attempts to get in groove. Used these for a week, comfortable in back pocket and the quick button is genius.
Peachtree City, GA
These pliers grip everything, and fit everywhere. I use them constantly at work and home, I have bought three pairs, so I have them around. After borrowing some from a coworker. I finally decided I needed them. I usually am against any "adjustable" wrenched these work, and $25 is well worth avoiding frustrating tools that don't do the job.
I purchased this after I saw a friend with a similar model from Snap-On. It was half the price and works awesome. But, be aware. They make 2 different models. They have the same number on the packaging. One is not as good as the other. The head is wider and won't fit into smaller places. It is a tad bulkier and the locking mechanism is different. That is the major issue I didn't like about the difference between the 2. I own 2 pair. I purchased the pair I like initially, then decided I would like to have a back-up pair for my off-road tool box. I bought the imposter and the locking button slipped. I took them back the same day. The easiest way to tell is one has a polished button and the other has a black button. I have 2 polished versions. I hope this helps.
These pliers will reach in tight areas where others will not. They are strong and I haven't felt any "play" in them yet. I use these everyday as an industrial maintenance tech. These appear to be a german made copy of the Knipex Cobra. The price seems high but they are not as expensive as the Knipex.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.