Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||17|
|Package Contents:||Blade, Blade Guard, Blade Wrench, Rip Guide|
|Saw Type:||Tile Saw|
|Blade Diameter (In):||7|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Maximum Cut Depth:||1.25|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
Ratings & Reviews
4.6 Amp 7" Wet Tile Saw Economically Cuts Ceramic and Stone Anywhere
Create your dream home interior with the Craftsman 4.6 amp 7" wet tile saw. Weighing in at just 17 pounds, this saw is easy to carry with you anywhere. It has the power to cut ceramic and stone up to 1" thick in 15, 30, 45 and 90-degree angles to get all the sizes and shapes you need for a seamless finish. Use it for flooring, shower walls, countertops and more for a fraction of the cost of hiring a contractor. Boasting .75 horsepower and speeds up to 3600 RPM, this saw has the kick to tackle any home project.
The built-in water reservoir helps keep the 4.6 amp 7" wet tile saw cool to prevent heat damage to your tool or materials. Overload protection automatically shuts down the motor if it's in danger of overheating, while a stainless steel work table and chrome-plated work surface stand up to years of use.
- Cut a wide range of stone and ceramic flooring with the Craftsman 4.6 amp 7" wet tile saw
- Accommodates materials up to 1" thick
- Hinged side changes the cut angle
- Ergonomic handle for effortless transport from one jobsite to the next
- Water reservoir is built into the table for reliable cooling
- Automatically shuts down if the motor starts to overheat
- Compact countertop design saves space and moves to any job
- Ribbed chrome-plated work surface helps dissipate heat for efficient work
- Sturdy stainless steel stand is durable and shake-resistant
- Includes heavy-duty diamond blade
- Ideal for small or medium-sized home remodeling jobs
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The fence on this saw is quirky. It took me a long time to get the hang of it. Once you do, you can set it fairly accurately using the splines on the fromt and back of the table.
But the crosscut guide is completely useless. It runs along the fence and binds up while you are cutting. There is no way to make a clean cut with it. I had to push so hard to make it go that I wound up pusshing the fence off its guides (not hard to do at all, btw.)
Only buy this saw if you can make all straight cuts and don't need tha angle guide.
easy to use, fits small spaces so it can be used right where you are instead of having to go to another spot every time you need a cut. price was good for this type of saw and there is not a lot of water splash when cutting
This think work great for me. Only valid complaint is that the storage doors don't snap shut very well and fall open alot. Other thing to keep in mind is the size of tile you will be cutting. This thing is great for 6 inch and smaller. Once you hit the larger tiles, you won't be able to use the miter guide for angle cuts at they just don't fit on this type of saw.
I am laying some slate tile in a small basement room in our house. I'll also be re-laying some tile around our fireplace in a few years. I didn't want to buy a professional grade wet-saw, since my level of use will be so small. I looked at several other "homeowner" grade wet-saws in the big-box stores, before settling on this one. They're probably all about the same, but I liked the looks of this one, plus I liked the side handle. It also has storage area underneath it for the cord, which is a plus. Construction quality is pretty good. Mostly plastic as you would expect - but OK for light use. The cuts have been perfect. It is just splash lubrication of course, so you need to watch the water level when cutting. The most negative aspect is the fence. It is plastic of course, and it is quite easy to set it to where is is not parallel with the blade.There are snap-locks at each end that fit into small teeth. The teeth are maybe 1/32" apart - so it is easy to set the fence out-of-parallel with the blade by 1/16" or more, and it's not easy to see. If you buy this, just be aware that you need to pay attention to this each time you set the fence. Not a deal breaker, but something to pay attention to. Like most wet-saws, it is fairly messy. I won't use this indoors due to the spray. Overall, it's a decent saw for light use. I have cut maybe 25 tiles so far, with no problems at all. The diamond blade cuts the slate as easy as wood. Cleanup is easy - I just hose the whole thing off.
Product works great! I used it for cutting natural slate and marble. Have also used it for cutting porcelain tiles. If you go slow on the cutting of thicker natural stones it works very well. When cutting glazed porcelain tiles I found it better to cut at an angle to reduce chipping. I would highly recommend this saw.
Purchased this saw to cut tiles to do the backsplash in the kitchen. While I would not purchase this saw if I laid tile for a living, for the price and utility, it is more than I needed. It will probably not be used for a while, but eventually I will need it again. Beats the heck out of hand cutters. Glad I pulled the trigger to purchase it. Easy assembly too!
Canal Winchester, OH
I purchased this item from sears online for a nice price. I needed the saw because i was doing a bathroom remodel and was installing a tile floor. Really easy set up and cut the tile nicely.
This saw cut quickly and cleanly, vastly exceeding my expectations. It is now one of my favorite tools, especially considering the price. My only criticism is that you will get soaked by the spray, its hard to see what you are doing because of the spray, and you have to refill the tank often, so work outside and keep a water hose handy.
Las Vegas, NV
This little one works well I had 17" tiles could not use the fence a lot and it would bind it if you didn't pay attention to it. Cuts tiles easily and easy cleanup and packs together nicely. You can pour the water in without opening the cover. Just put enough to get the blade wet (you fill up to the fill level you will get water all over the place even with the shield on) Price and quality was Great. Just remember it is not a heavy duty cuter and it will work for you...
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Family & Friends! Get an Extra 10% Off OR Members choose 20% back in points on items in Checkout. Offer ends 05-May-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get 2-Pack Decorative Pillows for $12.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get sentiment pillows for $9.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get watercolor animial decorative pillows for $7.99, reg price $19.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Victoria Classics 650 Thread Count Sheet Set for $14.99 reg price $59.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 09-May-2015 See details.