Craftsman 7 pc. Standard Locking Flex Ratcheting Combination Wrench SetItem# 00942400000 | Model# 42400
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||3.19|
|Metric Opening Size:||SAE or Torx|
|SAE Opening Size:||5/16 in., 3/8 in., 7/16 in., 1/2 in., 9/16 in., 5/8 in., 3/4 in.|
|Torx Opening Size:||SAE or Metric|
|Quantity in Set:||7|
|Color/Finish:||Silver, full polish finish|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Full unlimited|
Ratings & Reviews
7 pc. Standard Locking Ratcheting Wrench Set Takes Torque Where You Need It
Flexible, adaptive and tough, this Craftsman 7 pc combination wrench set delivers high tension turns, reaches around corners, and helps you get the job done. Whether you’re reaching behind an appliance, crawling under a sink or cramming your hands into the guts of an engine, this set’s featured 180 degree locking head rotation and grippy ratcheting box end twist nuts and bolts alike. And since the box end features a fine toothed ratcheting mechanism that requires only 5 degrees of swing to spin fasteners, even when all you have is a little wiggle room, you’ll get the job done right.
Built to last, this 7 pc. standard locking ratcheting wrench set is crafted from high tensile strength alloyed steel, features supportive pin pivots and is backed by the long standing power of the Craftsman Forever Warranty. So no matter how many jobs you have to do, no matter how many hours you spend reaching and stretching to get them done, this set delivers with fast flexing, high torque strength you can count on. Toss it in your kit and work with tools you can trust for life.
- Craftsman 7 pc Combination Wrench Set includes sizes: 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8 and 3/4 in.
- Locks in multiple positions with just the flip of a lever
- 180 degree head rotation features 11 working positions
- Longer handle increases torque and leverage
- 5 degree ratcheting swing arc gets the job done in tight spaces
- Full polish finish cleans-up fast after the dirtiest jobs
- Ratcheting box end delivers constant contact to fasteners
- Lifetime warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
In general, I am not a fan of the ratcheting box end wrenches. The box end is necessarily much larger than a standard box end wrench to accommodate the ratcheting mechanism. In my work world (aviation) we usually do not have the luxury of a lot of room around the fasteners we need to loosen or tighten. BUT, the flex versions of the combination wrenches with ratcheting box ends do have a very useful purpose.
This wrench can be used to speedily remove (or tighten) fasteners. Simply flip the flex head so that the wrench is 90 degrees to the fastener. Then all you need to do is flick your wrist to run a fastener in or out. Very fast. One of the tool truck companies offered a specialized ratchet to do just this at a very fancy price. The full-polish Craftsman set gives you a better alternative plus an open-end wrench at the other end. I would suggest using a conventional breaker bar to break the fastener loose to protect the ratcheting mechanisim before using the ratcheting end.
Most of the aviation world in the US is still using SAE-sized fasteners (although this is changing in some parts of the market) so my experience is with the SAE versions of this tool.
"Sacramento" Bruce Conklin
I love all my ratcheting wrenches...even these, but I think I could have done better buying the Gearwrench set w/o the lock. I played around with both in the store, and I opted for these thinking the lock would be the best route. It comes unlocked, and when unlocked...it's just to loose and flimsy. The Gearwrench brand has a tight connection, and you can virtually utilize it in 180 of 180 degrees vs like 10 on the Craftsman because of the locking mechanism. The good thing in my case was that I bought them on sale for $77.50 + tax.
Lake Charles, LA
With the flex head on the wrench, it gets into hard to reach places. It also keep your knuckles intact while working the wrench by keeping your hand above the work surface.
El Monte, CA
I bought this set for less then $65. This set is very durable and very hand to have to reach those tight places. get this set and the metric set to complete in your tool box I would recommend this set to any home owner
Fort Sill, OK
Broken Arrow, OK
El Cajon, CA
Oklahoma City, OK
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 26-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.