Craftsman 75-piece Combination Tap & Die Carbon Steel SetItem# 00952377000 | Model# 52377
Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6.8|
|Product Type:||Tap & die sets|
|Quantity in Set:||75|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Included with Item:|
Ratings & Reviews
75-Piece Tap & Die Carbon Steel Set Breathes New Life Into Hardware
This Craftsman Combination Carbon Steel Set helps you overcome damaged nuts, bolts and threads. When a replacement bolt is hard to find, or you simply like being handy, this tap and die set makes it easy to remove imperfections from threads.
This tap and die set includes a wide assortment of tools, taps and dies to get hardware back to spec. Made from hardened, precision-ground, polished carbon, each piece includes a rust-resistant satin finish that makes smooth thread cuts with less friction. The set includes both SAE and metric sizes, you'll never be at a loss when your hardware needs a breath of fresh life.
- Craftsman Combination Carbon Steel Set combines inch and metric sizes in one convenient kit
- Hardened, precision-ground and polished carbon steel surfaces make chip removal easy
- Hex-shaped dies permit use of sockets and wrenches as well as die stocks
- Rust-resistant satin finish for smooth cuts with less friction
- Set includes: 7 drive tools with accessories, 17 SAE Plug Taps, 17 SAE Hex Dies, 17 Metric Plug Taps, 17 Metric Hex Dies and sturdy storage case with handle
- Click here for a complete list of contents
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I got this tap and die set at the Black Friday sale at my local Sears. I work in a diesel performance shop and have many motorized toys and a tap and die set is something that I have been needing. When I purchased these the lady at the checkout somehow forgot to scan them so I did not have to pay for them, which I am kind of happy about. The quality of the taps is lacking, I understand that many companies are manufacturing things in China now and that it is almost required to stay in business. Many businesses are having parts manufactured there to stay in business and keep costs down, but this is one tool that needs to have high standards!!! My taps have several imperfections in the threads. It makes me scared to use them on anything I am trying to repair, as repairing the threads on things usually means it already broke once before. I do not want to mess it up repairing it. I do not mind if they are made in China, as long as the quality is great! These imperfections are small, but would still mess up the retreading of a hole. On the bright side the die sets seem to be free of imperfections. I am not sure if I got a bad set of taps, and I cannot return it since it is not on my receipt, but I am disappointed by the quality of the taps and I will probably never use most of them due to the defects.
I need taps and dies occasionally for several different tasks at work and in my hobbies. My old set (also Craftsman) had gotten messed up in a move so I needed another. This set was especially attractive because it had both SAE and metric.The quality is good and the set pretty complete for the money. I'd recommend it.
I have always been pleased with Craftsman Tools, and this 75 piece Combination Tap & Die set is no exception. It is easy to use and meets all my needs for this size range.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The 75 piece set comes with much more. I bought my set over a year ago but just recently used it for the first time. I was extremely impressed. I used it to chase the threads in multiple engine components as I pulled the engine in my 1967 Dodge apart. I also used it to remove two broken exhaust manifold studs by carefully drilling out as much of the stud as I could without damaging the thread in the heads and used the tap to cut out the remaining threads of the stud. Took some time, but worked flawlessly.
Rio Grande, PR
I work in the pharmaceutical industry and saw the other day how a manufacturing mechanic rebuilt some 304 SS bolts with this set. I have to say I was impressed!!! Great buy.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.