Craftsman 75-piece Combination Tap & Die Carbon Steel SetItem# 00952377000 | Model# 52377
Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6.8|
|Product Type:||Tap & die sets|
|Quantity in Set:||75|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Included with Item:|
Ratings & Reviews
75-Piece Tap & Die Carbon Steel Set Breathes New Life Into Hardware
This Craftsman Combination Carbon Steel Set helps you overcome damaged nuts, bolts and threads. When a replacement bolt is hard to find, or you simply like being handy, this tap and die set makes it easy to remove imperfections from threads.
This tap and die set includes a wide assortment of tools, taps and dies to get hardware back to spec. Made from hardened, precision-ground, polished carbon, each piece includes a rust-resistant satin finish that makes smooth thread cuts with less friction. The set includes both SAE and metric sizes, you'll never be at a loss when your hardware needs a breath of fresh life.
- Craftsman Combination Carbon Steel Set combines inch and metric sizes in one convenient kit
- Hardened, precision-ground and polished carbon steel surfaces make chip removal easy
- Hex-shaped dies permit use of sockets and wrenches as well as die stocks
- Rust-resistant satin finish for smooth cuts with less friction
- Set includes: 7 drive tools with accessories, 17 SAE Plug Taps, 17 SAE Hex Dies, 17 Metric Plug Taps, 17 Metric Hex Dies and sturdy storage case with handle
- Click here for a complete list of contents
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This is my first Tap and Die set. I did a lot of searching and a lot of reading. I think at full price, this set is a bit expensive. But, I caught a sale and I am very happy with it. I bought this set for my personal tool collection, but I used it at work already. I used both the taps and dies and it worked like a charm. We were setting up a new piece of equipment and wanted to retrofit some old items. I found the handles to be quite comfortable and the cutting of both was smooth and easy. Everything lined up perfectly. The set itself is much larger than I had anticipated, but I cannot imagine needed anything more. It is very comprehensive. I cannot wait to use it at home.
This product is of extremely good quality. It has all the common taps and dies that would be used in a very small and easy carry case. The best part is that you can get it pretty cheap when it is on sale. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.
Was looking at all the available tap and die options at Sears, this one seemed to be the best deal for the money, and covers most any size I can think of. Wait for it to be on sale, snagged it for $99!
Painted Post, NY
Grain Valley, MO
Fantastic set of tap and dies, comes in a nice tool box fitted for them. Makes it easy to see if one is missing. Also easy to see what size your looking for.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.