Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6.8|
|Product Type:||Tap & die sets|
|Quantity in Set:||75|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Included with Item:|
Ratings & Reviews
75-Piece Tap & Die Carbon Steel Set Breathes New Life Into Hardware
This Craftsman Combination Carbon Steel Set helps you overcome damaged nuts, bolts and threads. When a replacement bolt is hard to find, or you simply like being handy, this tap and die set makes it easy to remove imperfections from threads.
This tap and die set includes a wide assortment of tools, taps and dies to get hardware back to spec. Made from hardened, precision-ground, polished carbon, each piece includes a rust-resistant satin finish that makes smooth thread cuts with less friction. The set includes both SAE and metric sizes, you'll never be at a loss when your hardware needs a breath of fresh life.
- Craftsman Combination Carbon Steel Set combines inch and metric sizes in one convenient kit
- Hardened, precision-ground and polished carbon steel surfaces make chip removal easy
- Hex-shaped dies permit use of sockets and wrenches as well as die stocks
- Rust-resistant satin finish for smooth cuts with less friction
- Set includes: 7 drive tools with accessories, 17 SAE Plug Taps, 17 SAE Hex Dies, 17 Metric Plug Taps, 17 Metric Hex Dies and sturdy storage case with handle
- Click here for a complete list of contents
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The 75 piece set comes with much more. I bought my set over a year ago but just recently used it for the first time. I was extremely impressed. I used it to chase the threads in multiple engine components as I pulled the engine in my 1967 Dodge apart. I also used it to remove two broken exhaust manifold studs by carefully drilling out as much of the stud as I could without damaging the thread in the heads and used the tap to cut out the remaining threads of the stud. Took some time, but worked flawlessly.
Rio Grande, PR
I work in the pharmaceutical industry and saw the other day how a manufacturing mechanic rebuilt some 304 SS bolts with this set. I have to say I was impressed!!! Great buy.
Grand Rapids, MI
I purchased this item as a gift. It came in a really nice case for storage and transporting. They were very happy with the gift. It is Craftsman so any of the pieces can be replaced if needed.
This is my first Tap and Die set. I did a lot of searching and a lot of reading. I think at full price, this set is a bit expensive. But, I caught a sale and I am very happy with it. I bought this set for my personal tool collection, but I used it at work already. I used both the taps and dies and it worked like a charm. We were setting up a new piece of equipment and wanted to retrofit some old items. I found the handles to be quite comfortable and the cutting of both was smooth and easy. Everything lined up perfectly. The set itself is much larger than I had anticipated, but I cannot imagine needed anything more. It is very comprehensive. I cannot wait to use it at home.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.