Craftsman 75-piece Combination Tap & Die Carbon Steel SetItem# 00952377000 | Model# 52377
Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6.8|
|Product Type:||Tap & die sets|
|Quantity in Set:||75|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Included with Item:|
Ratings & Reviews
75-Piece Tap & Die Carbon Steel Set Breathes New Life Into Hardware
This Craftsman Combination Carbon Steel Set helps you overcome damaged nuts, bolts and threads. When a replacement bolt is hard to find, or you simply like being handy, this tap and die set makes it easy to remove imperfections from threads.
This tap and die set includes a wide assortment of tools, taps and dies to get hardware back to spec. Made from hardened, precision-ground, polished carbon, each piece includes a rust-resistant satin finish that makes smooth thread cuts with less friction. The set includes both SAE and metric sizes, you'll never be at a loss when your hardware needs a breath of fresh life.
- Craftsman Combination Carbon Steel Set combines inch and metric sizes in one convenient kit
- Hardened, precision-ground and polished carbon steel surfaces make chip removal easy
- Hex-shaped dies permit use of sockets and wrenches as well as die stocks
- Rust-resistant satin finish for smooth cuts with less friction
- Set includes: 7 drive tools with accessories, 17 SAE Plug Taps, 17 SAE Hex Dies, 17 Metric Plug Taps, 17 Metric Hex Dies and sturdy storage case with handle
- Click here for a complete list of contents
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Rio Grande, PR
I work in the pharmaceutical industry and saw the other day how a manufacturing mechanic rebuilt some 304 SS bolts with this set. I have to say I was impressed!!! Great buy.
Grand Rapids, MI
I purchased this item as a gift. It came in a really nice case for storage and transporting. They were very happy with the gift. It is Craftsman so any of the pieces can be replaced if needed.
This is my first Tap and Die set. I did a lot of searching and a lot of reading. I think at full price, this set is a bit expensive. But, I caught a sale and I am very happy with it. I bought this set for my personal tool collection, but I used it at work already. I used both the taps and dies and it worked like a charm. We were setting up a new piece of equipment and wanted to retrofit some old items. I found the handles to be quite comfortable and the cutting of both was smooth and easy. Everything lined up perfectly. The set itself is much larger than I had anticipated, but I cannot imagine needed anything more. It is very comprehensive. I cannot wait to use it at home.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools, reflected in price shown, Sold by Sears! Offer ends 20-Sep-2014 See details.