Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Chuck Size:||1/2 in.|
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||No|
|Aux. Handle Type:||No|
|Built-In Bit Storage:||No|
|Chuck Key Type:||Keyless|
|Individual, Kit or Set:||Individual|
|Included with Item:|
|Package Contents:||Impact Wrench, Carry Case and Manual|
Ratings & Reviews
Choose this Feature-Packed 8 Amp Impact Wrench for Your Garage
Heavy duty machinery gives this Craftsman Impact Wrench efficient power transmission, delivering 350 pounds per foot in both forward and reverse. Bright LED light at the base makes it easy for you to work on those hard-to-reach corners when working on an automobile. 8.0 amp motor delivers power-packed performance so you can effortlessly drive and remove fasteners in wood, concrete and metal.
With a cast aluminum motor housing, this 8 Amp Impact Wrench is built for heavy torque applications. Rubber over-mold designed for your comfort also protects delicate surfaces from scratches. While using the rocker switch for quick switches between forward and reverse action, you can be sure impact sockets remain securely attached. With a variable speed, you can easily choose the right speed to suit the job at hand.
- Powerful 8 amp motor in this Craftsman Impact Wrench helps remove and drive in even the most difficult fasteners
- Live tool indicator light helps you know when power is supplied to the wrench
- Bull nose ring secures impact sockets in place during quick starts and stops
- Forward/Reverse rocker switch allows for quick continuous movement for those nuts and bolts while a bright LED light illuminates the work surface.
- Cast aluminum motor housing provides additional tool body strength during heavy torque applications
- Delivering a torque of 350 pounds per foot, it achieves a maximum speed of 2100 RPM and 2,700 BPM for repetitive pounding to make removal easier
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on January 23, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This was a very good purchase , didn't think electric would work so well as it does I always used air tools but this baby does the trick ! This impact wrench is a good value for the price and does what it supposed to .
working on farm equipment and vehicles my whole life, i have always wanted a good impact wrench. I had a battery operated before, and was not impressed. When my uncle got our his electric impact wrench, I was impressed and had to have one. I've used it twice already, and it has more than paid for itself in the time it saved me. Wish I had gotten one years ago
I got this impact wrench to replace a more expensive unit from another mfgr that was stolen from my garage. It has about the same torque rating as the stolen unit, but cost was about one-half. This impact wrench had more than enough power to remove lug nuts put on by a shop with their commercial pneumatic gun. It also worked well breaking loose some rusty suspension bolts. It seems to have as much torque as any electric wrench. It would probably take a pneumatic wrench to get more, and with this you do not need an air compressor. My only issue is that the retaining "hog-ring" is loose and does not hold the socket too well. Sometimes the socket would remain on the fastener and the wrench would pull off of the socket instead. This happens especially with rusted or deformed nuts, etc. I have had to get in the habit of pulling on both the driver and the socket at the same time. Not a deal breaker, but it can be an annoying quirk.
I am a full time technician. I tried this impact out hoping it would last until I had the money to upgrade. It usually does the job okay unless you get in a sticky situation. It struggled a bit with rusty lug nuts, but a little rust penetrator made it easier. It is heavy as expected from a base-model electric impact, but Henry Homeowner won't mind as much as a full time grease-monkey. The hammer mech is strange. It feels like it is on a spring. When you let off the trigger the gun still strikes a few times before it'll stop. Sometimes it will allow free spiol of your socket and other times, it won't. My favorite things about this impact is that it is reasonably cheap. It seems pretty durable (I've been putting it through paces for nearly a month non-stop). It can be used with any old 3-prong outlet and doesn't need a special breaker. You can even run it on a cheap extension cord without problems.
My husband had been wanting an impact wrench for some time. We finally picked one up when we were shopping after Christmas. He was using it within the week. It has been very useful/helpful.
Wappingers Falls, NY
I wasnt sure the tool could do it. I was changing the cutting edge on my komatsu backhoe and shopped before I bought. There were 15 inch and a 1/16 nuts hardened steel to take off. It was only 7 degrees outside so of couse a little heat was needed but this tool worked it *** off! Also used craftsman Impact sockets
This was a gift! The recipient loved it! He is always working on something and his great gift is making his life easier! I personally have not used the tool but he could not be happier with it. It has an incredible warranty on it as well! Great job Craftsman!
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.