Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||1 Year Craftsman Warranty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||18|
|Type:||7.5 - 12.0 Gal. tank size|
|Handle Type:||Heavy duty molded plastic Ergonomic|
|Cord Length (ft.):||12|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Horsepower:||4 Peak HP|
|Onboard Attachment Storage:||Yes|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Package Contents:||Extra Filter, Hose Lock, Utility Nozzle, Crevice Tool, Cord Wrap|
Ratings & Reviews
8 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac Picks Up with Capacity
The cornerstone of any serious shop, this Craftsman 8 Gallon HP Wet/Dry Vac is sleek, clean and powerful. Featuring the muscle of a 4.0 peak horse power motor, quick moving swivel casters and a massive 8 gallon capacity, it cleans up after big jobs, leaks and even floods. Equipped with an extra large drain, it’s quick to empty while the tightly seated secure fit hose system puts a stop to leaky joints and power loss caused by bad seals. A serious kit that’s designed to clean shop, site, car and house, this powerful vac picks of what lesser tools leave behind.
Ready to convert into a blower in seconds, this 8 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac changes functions with the simple swap of a hose, while equipped with fast moving wheels, whether you’re blowing or vacuuming, cleaning up after a messy renovation or blasting fall leaves off the driveway, this machine moves when you need it. Powerful, versatile and designed to get the job done, make this jobsite necessity a part of your arsenal, and get it clean fast.
- Craftsman 8 Gallon HP Wet/Dry Vac includes: 7’ x 1 7/8” diameter secure fit hose, two extension wands, crevice tool, utility nozzle, floor brush/squeegee nozzle combo, cartridge filter and foam sleeve for wet vacuuming
- Rust Resistant 8 gallon stainless steel collection tank
- Extra-large drain for quick liquid emptying
- Powerful 4 peak HP motor makes short work of big jobs
- On-board hose and accessory organizers provide convenient and hassle-free storage
- 360° Swivel casters with large non-marring rear wheels offer enhanced mobility on rough or uneven surfaces
- Oversized base helps protects tank from dents and dings
- 7 ft. Secure Fit Hose System and 12 ft. Power Cord extends cleaning reach-saves time
- Quickly converts to a blower for yard, patio or shop
Added on April 29, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchase this one as a replacement to my old Sears 6 gal shop vac. After 27 years of use it needed a motor. I think I got my money's worth. This unit does not have a large foot print and as many reviewers have mentioned before the size of the tank being vertical makes it easy to pull around a crowed shop, easy to park and does not tip over. Power is 3x greater than my old unit with 20% of the noise level. Cleaing cars and minivans is a snap. The hose size is a little strange but I have found some attachments that fit in nicely just by changing the hose with a longer crush proof unit. Thanks Sears for making a great product. Now if I can only figure out what replacement filters i can use.....
Fort Wayne, IN
I am a IT professional and needed something portable to clean up drywall dust, saw dust, wire clippings and general debris after a job. The performance of this vac really impressed me. It's small, light, has a small footprint, quite and very powerful! The on board storage is great and it looks like it uses a regular shop vac filter as well. I like the stainless steel look as well, which is very easy to clean as well. Overall, a great performer that I can see using around the house/car, not just the job site. A+++!
I love my new 4 HP vacuum. As a DIU guy, I'm always working on projects in my shop. My 5 HP, 12 gallon Shop Vac finally died. It performed well enough but was very noisy, physically quite large (with the tool storage container on the back), the 2 1/2 inch hose was clumsy (especially when cleaning out vehicles), and when I pulled it by the hose, never seemed to follow me in a straight line. My new Craftsman is significantly quieter. It has fixed larger diameter wheels in back and nicer quality casters in front, so it tracks behind me appropriately and pulls easily. Tool storage is well designed and doesn't increase the foot print of the vac. The design of the latches which hold the power unit to the tank are superb - secure and very easy to use. It came with 1 7/8 inch diameter hose which, for all around home owner use, is an excellent compromise. Finally, for all but contractor use, 8 gallons is optimum. It's a no joke good size, but not significantly larger than a 4 to 6 g
Deer Park, TX
Melbourne Beach, FL
I did not like this vacuum. I bought to vacuum my cars and it has poor suction and the attachment for vacuuming the carpet has such a small and distorted opening that a pistachio shell or a galled up gum wrapper won't fit through.
Salt Lake City, UT
- Qualifying Orders $59 + SHIP FREE Offer ends 10-Jul-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 15% off select tools Sold by Sears! Valid thru 5/22 7am CT Offer ends 22-May-2013 See details.