Craftsman 8 Gallon Stainless Steel 4 Peak HP Wet/Dry VacItem# 00917608000 | Model# 17608
|General Warranty:||1 Year Craftsman Warranty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||18|
|Tank Size:||7.5 - 12.0 Gal. tank size|
|Handle Type:||Heavy duty molded plastic Ergonomic|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Cord Length (ft.):||12|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Hose Length (ft.):||7|
|Onboard Attachment Storage:||Yes|
|Dust Hose Diameter:||1-7/8 in.|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Package Contents:||Extra Filter, Hose Lock, Utility Nozzle, Crevice Tool, Cord Wrap|
Ratings & Reviews
8 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac Picks Up with Capacity
The cornerstone of any serious garage or shop, this Craftsman 8 Gallon HP Wet/Dry Vac is sleek, clean and powerful. Featuring the muscle of a 4.0 peak horse power motor and 8 gallon stainless steel tank, it helps tackles jobs like basement cleanup from seepage or backup, removing cold ashes from the fireplace or grill, picking up broken glass, dirt and other debris in thr shop or garage. Equipped with an extra-large drain, it’s quickly empties the tank of liquids. An over 19 Foot cleaning reach (7’ Hose, 12’ Power Cord + Extension Wands) allows you to reach areas without unplugging the unit. 360° swivel casters and non-marring rear wheels for mobility on most surfaces, center positioned top carry handle provides easy transport and balance. Large dust sealed on/off switch for easy control.
The 8 Gallon Stainless Wet/Dry Vac also quickly converts into a blower. Cleaning up after a messy renovation or blasting fall leaves off the driveway can be done in a snap. It also includes an 9 Pc accessory set for nearly any situation.
- Craftsman 8 Gallon HP Wet/Dry Vac includes: Hose Bracket Set, 7’ x 1 7/8” diameter secure fit hose, two extension wands, crevice tool, utility nozzle, floor brush/squeegee nozzle combo, cartridge filter and foam sleeve for wet vacuuming
- Rust Resistant 8 gallon stainless steel collection tank
- Extra-large drain for quick liquid emptying
- Powerful 4 peak HP motor makes short work of tough jobs
- On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers provide convenient and hassle-free storage
- 360° Swivel casters with large non-marring rear wheels offer enhanced mobility on rough or uneven surfaces
- Oversized base helps protects tank from dents and dings
- Over 17 Foot Cleaning Reach (7’ x 1-7/8 In. Secure Fit Hose, 10’ Power Cord and Two Extension Wands)
- Quickly converts to a blower for yard, patio or shop
Added on April 29, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Red Bluff, CA
I have owned one for a year now and really like this little shop vac. It replaced a much bigger one but does the same job and takes up less space. It has lots of places to store attachments, plenty of suction and a filter that is pretty easy to access for cleaning. I have not used it as a wet vac yet so can't really speak to that. I would recommend R2D2 (as my granddaughter calls it) to anyone looking for a good quality medium sized shop vac.
Needed a shop vac to handle the tasks of cleaning up sawdust, screws, leaves and minor spills that take place in the garage, kitchen, and driveway. This does it all! Plenty of power, looks great, rolls great, and has a very long hose and attachments to reach far!
Belews Creek, NC
I received my purchase in less time than scheduled. I like the stainless steel finish. I've been using it in my shop to vacuum, and it meets my expectations. Great tool!
This was everything I expected except a brush attachment. The vac. is super quiet by comparison to other shop vacs. that I have. Nice supple hose is nice to not fight like some stiffer ones. I bought this one for the fixed rear wheels so I can control it following me vs. the free wheel casters that go anywhere but where you want. Compact, only takes the space the canister needs. Clever side hooks store all tools as well as hose and cord in user friendly way. Only way it could be improved is by adding a cord rewind like on the vacs of the old days.
1. top does not seal to canister 2. power cord short 3. no power 4. had to order additional hose and accessories to make functional 5. rear wheels do not turn, therefore machine falls over Whoever engineered this product needs to find a new career. Worst product I have ever seen with Craftsman logo. I own three additional Craftsman Wet/Dry Vacs (1 in the shop, the other 2 stored at both my sons homes for some reason, lol) that are very good products. I bought this smaller one for the garage. VERY DISSATISFIED
It is more compact than expected. My 12 gal xsp vac looks huge next to it. Sleek looking. Easy moving around. A lot of suction. The 1-7/8" hose is not causing any problem with a tool adapter attached.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- SYW Members get $5 back in points when you purchase this Craftsman Club item! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Feb-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Todays Deal Heist while supplies last! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Feb-2015 See details.