|General Warranty:||1 Year Craftsman Warranty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||18|
|Type:||7.5 - 12.0 Gal. tank size|
|Handle Type:||Heavy duty molded plastic Ergonomic|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Cord Length (ft.):||12|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Hose Length (ft.):||7|
|Onboard Attachment Storage:||Yes|
|Dust Hose Diameter:||1-7/8 in.|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Package Contents:||Extra Filter, Hose Lock, Utility Nozzle, Crevice Tool, Cord Wrap|
Ratings & Reviews
8 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac Picks Up with Capacity
The cornerstone of any serious garage or shop, this Craftsman 8 Gallon HP Wet/Dry Vac is sleek, clean and powerful. Featuring the muscle of a 4.0 peak horse power motor and 8 gallon stainless steel tank, it helps tackles jobs like basement cleanup from seepage or backup, removing cold ashes from the fireplace or grill, picking up broken glass, dirt and other debris in thr shop or garage. Equipped with an extra-large drain, it’s quickly empties the tank of liquids. An over 19 Foot cleaning reach (7’ Hose, 12’ Power Cord + Extension Wands) allows you to reach areas without unplugging the unit. 360° swivel casters and non-marring rear wheels for mobility on most surfaces, center positioned top carry handle provides easy transport and balance. Large dust sealed on/off switch for easy control.
The 8 Gallon Stainless Wet/Dry Vac also quickly converts into a blower. Cleaning up after a messy renovation or blasting fall leaves off the driveway can be done in a snap. It also includes an 9 Pc accessory set for nearly any situation.
- Craftsman 8 Gallon HP Wet/Dry Vac includes: Hose Bracket Set, 7’ x 1 7/8” diameter secure fit hose, two extension wands, crevice tool, utility nozzle, floor brush/squeegee nozzle combo, cartridge filter and foam sleeve for wet vacuuming
- Rust Resistant 8 gallon stainless steel collection tank
- Extra-large drain for quick liquid emptying
- Powerful 4 peak HP motor makes short work of tough jobs
- On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers provide convenient and hassle-free storage
- 360° Swivel casters with large non-marring rear wheels offer enhanced mobility on rough or uneven surfaces
- Oversized base helps protects tank from dents and dings
- Over 17 Foot Cleaning Reach (7’ x 1-7/8 In. Secure Fit Hose, 10’ Power Cord and Two Extension Wands)
- Quickly converts to a blower for yard, patio or shop
Added on April 29, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchase this one as a replacement to my old Sears 6 gal shop vac. After 27 years of use it needed a motor. I think I got my money's worth. This unit does not have a large foot print and as many reviewers have mentioned before the size of the tank being vertical makes it easy to pull around a crowed shop, easy to park and does not tip over. Power is 3x greater than my old unit with 20% of the noise level. Cleaing cars and minivans is a snap. The hose size is a little strange but I have found some attachments that fit in nicely just by changing the hose with a longer crush proof unit. Thanks Sears for making a great product. Now if I can only figure out what replacement filters i can use.....
Laguna Niguel, CA
I had an old Craftsman shop vac that was probably 25 or 30 years old. It still worked fine, but for my birthday, my wife and son got me a new shop vac. I'm glad they did. This new one is a lot quieter than the old one.
I purchased a 16 gal wet/dry vac earlier this year to replace a 15 year old one, and I love it. Then the wet/dry vac in the pole barn died so I bought this model. The large wheels in the back make the vac easy to move yet its stable enough, it doesn?t tip over. The smaller hose is perfect for sweeping out the Combine or a vehicle. I haven?t used it for a wet vac yet; but the dry vac is awesome!
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Santa Rosa, CA
Replaced an old 8 gallon 2 HP Genie Wet/Dry vac. Very powerful, even with the HEPA filter, which I used because my first job was vacuuming up an old rat's nest in the garage firewood stack! Much quieter than my previous shop vac, no louder than my indoor carpet vacuum. The 1 7/8" hose is an oddball size so none of my old hoses or attachments can be used, but it looks like duct tape would work if necessary! The crevice tool is too narrow, can't be used for anything except sawdust and similar. Even a small leaf will stick in it. But almost everything picks up fine with just the hose and no tool attached. The latches seem not very snug, I hope they don't become problems over time. I bought the car nozzle, haven't tried it yet.
I retired my old Craftsman 16 gallon vacuum of 20 years old. Read the reviews on this one and decided to give it a try. It works better than my larger one. The size is right and is easy to move around. As another reviewer stated, 'it looks kind of like R2D2.' I might just stencil 'R2D2' on the side of my new one!
New Gloucester, ME
East Brunswick, NJ
After having a 16-gallon wet-dry Craftsman vac, I wanted a smaller more convenient model and love this stainless steel 8-gallon wet/dry vac. My only complaint is that all four wheels should swivel. It is difficult moving this when it is half full of water. Wish future models would incorporate all swivel wheels.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.