Craftsman 8 Gallon Stainless Steel 4 Peak HP Wet/Dry VacItem# 00917608000 | Model# 17608
|General Warranty:||1 Year Craftsman Warranty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||18|
|Tank Size:||7.5 - 12.0 Gal. tank size|
|Handle Type:||Heavy duty molded plastic Ergonomic|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Cord Length (ft.):||12|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Hose Length (ft.):||7|
|Onboard Attachment Storage:||Yes|
|Dust Hose Diameter:||1-7/8 in.|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Package Contents:||Extra Filter, Hose Lock, Utility Nozzle, Crevice Tool, Cord Wrap|
Ratings & Reviews
8 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac Picks Up with Capacity
The cornerstone of any serious garage or shop, this Craftsman 8 Gallon HP Wet/Dry Vac is sleek, clean and powerful. Featuring the muscle of a 4.0 peak horse power motor and 8 gallon stainless steel tank, it helps tackles jobs like basement cleanup from seepage or backup, removing cold ashes from the fireplace or grill, picking up broken glass, dirt and other debris in thr shop or garage. Equipped with an extra-large drain, it’s quickly empties the tank of liquids. An over 19 Foot cleaning reach (7’ Hose, 12’ Power Cord + Extension Wands) allows you to reach areas without unplugging the unit. 360° swivel casters and non-marring rear wheels for mobility on most surfaces, center positioned top carry handle provides easy transport and balance. Large dust sealed on/off switch for easy control.
The 8 Gallon Stainless Wet/Dry Vac also quickly converts into a blower. Cleaning up after a messy renovation or blasting fall leaves off the driveway can be done in a snap. It also includes an 9 Pc accessory set for nearly any situation.
- Craftsman 8 Gallon HP Wet/Dry Vac includes: Hose Bracket Set, 7’ x 1 7/8” diameter secure fit hose, two extension wands, crevice tool, utility nozzle, floor brush/squeegee nozzle combo, cartridge filter and foam sleeve for wet vacuuming
- Rust Resistant 8 gallon stainless steel collection tank
- Extra-large drain for quick liquid emptying
- Powerful 4 peak HP motor makes short work of tough jobs
- On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers provide convenient and hassle-free storage
- 360° Swivel casters with large non-marring rear wheels offer enhanced mobility on rough or uneven surfaces
- Oversized base helps protects tank from dents and dings
- Over 17 Foot Cleaning Reach (7’ x 1-7/8 In. Secure Fit Hose, 10’ Power Cord and Two Extension Wands)
- Quickly converts to a blower for yard, patio or shop
Added on April 29, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchase this one as a replacement to my old Sears 6 gal shop vac. After 27 years of use it needed a motor. I think I got my money's worth. This unit does not have a large foot print and as many reviewers have mentioned before the size of the tank being vertical makes it easy to pull around a crowed shop, easy to park and does not tip over. Power is 3x greater than my old unit with 20% of the noise level. Cleaing cars and minivans is a snap. The hose size is a little strange but I have found some attachments that fit in nicely just by changing the hose with a longer crush proof unit. Thanks Sears for making a great product. Now if I can only figure out what replacement filters i can use.....
Belews Creek, NC
I received my purchase in less time than scheduled. I like the stainless steel finish. I've been using it in my shop to vacuum, and it meets my expectations. Great tool!
This was everything I expected except a brush attachment. The vac. is super quiet by comparison to other shop vacs. that I have. Nice supple hose is nice to not fight like some stiffer ones. I bought this one for the fixed rear wheels so I can control it following me vs. the free wheel casters that go anywhere but where you want. Compact, only takes the space the canister needs. Clever side hooks store all tools as well as hose and cord in user friendly way. Only way it could be improved is by adding a cord rewind like on the vacs of the old days.
1. top does not seal to canister 2. power cord short 3. no power 4. had to order additional hose and accessories to make functional 5. rear wheels do not turn, therefore machine falls over Whoever engineered this product needs to find a new career. Worst product I have ever seen with Craftsman logo. I own three additional Craftsman Wet/Dry Vacs (1 in the shop, the other 2 stored at both my sons homes for some reason, lol) that are very good products. I bought this smaller one for the garage. VERY DISSATISFIED
It is more compact than expected. My 12 gal xsp vac looks huge next to it. Sleek looking. Easy moving around. A lot of suction. The 1-7/8" hose is not causing any problem with a tool adapter attached.
Henderson Harbor, NY
This worked very well pulling water out of a carpet. Discovered, however, when I wanted to use it with leaf attachment that there is no adapter for a 1-7/8 inch part. It's a non-standard size. Think about this if you want to use different attachments. You may not be able to & who needs 2 shop/vacs? If I hadn't tossed the box, back this would go. Would give it 4-1/2 stars if it hadn't been for this.
I wanted a wet/dry vac that was not too big; not too small. this one is perfect. Great suction; plenty of power/capacity. I especially like the stainless steel look compared to the standard plastic canisters.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.