Craftsman 8-in. LED Lighted Long Nose & Diagonal Pliers SetOnline only | Item# 00910342000 | Model# 10342
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||8 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
Lighted Pliers Set: It's Like Christmas Came to Tool-Time
Craftsman LED Long Nose & Diagonal Pliers may the best thing that ever happened to you-tool-wise. Unique hub design allows LED to rotate with the jaws, keeping the light focused on the work surface. No more awkwardly held flashlights or having to move your project to a better-lit room. These pliers allow you to work where the work is, no matter what the conditions. No project is too dark for these pliers; you could even take them camping.
New Craftsman Lighted Pliers Set features a patented center hub with an LED that focuses light directly on the work surface. Ideal for low light conditions and any situation requiring bright, precise lighting on the work area. LED allows for extra-long battery life. Uses 3 replaceable #392 watch batteries. Sealed LED module is waterproof, oil-proof and chemical-proof.
- You won't know how you survived without the Craftsman LED Long Nose & Diagonal Pliers set! Tools crafted for durability and able to shed light on the task at hand? Yes, please! This pair will send you fearlessly off to finish the job.
- LED allows for extra-long battery life. Uses 3 replaceable #392 watch batteries. Batteries are easily replaced in an "o" ring sealed compartment.
- Sealed LED module is waterproof, oil-proof and chemical-proof.
- Auto-Off features extend battery life.
- Microprocessor-controlled light module.
- Demo mode stays on for 5 seconds. Designed for in-store "try me" merchandising.
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 05, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I was nicely surprised by the value and quality of these pliers. The lights work well, though don't expect the same brightness as a 9-LED light, but the LED is really helpful when dealing with dark wiring situations. The craftsmanship is decent to good, especially for the price, although not quite as good as the USA made versions.
Would purchase again.
Craftsman is a great brand... but only one of the pliers worked. I had to exchange them five times. Yes I (and several Sears employees) tried taking it off demo mode but still., it was either one or the other that actually worked. most of them were corroded too.
Las Cruces, NM
I purchased the item through the internet. The light in the long nose pliers did not work. I went to the store they had one set and the light in that long nose plier did not work. They ordered another set for me and when it arrived the light in the long nose pliers also did not work. I still have that last delivery.
North Prairie, WI
I bought these cutters with excitement for the cool LED light. The diagonal cutter LED had to be re-adjusted for center with an allen wrench when I got home. One of the pliers lights kept turning off every time I closed them. I then found a on back of packaging, you have to hold the LED button down for 8 seconds to switch from DEMO mode to OPERATIONAL mode. They work great now, but this was an easy oversight and that's why many people reviewed them poorly. If I didn't have to tinker with them brand new for the misalignment I would have gave them a 4 stars.
I bought these because they looked heavy duty, and the light was something I could have used quite often. I wasted my money. The pliers are of poor quality and too awkward to use. The light in the pliers turns every time I open and close them. The light in the sidecutters works great, but the cutters won't cut many of the sizes of wire that I work with daily. They sit in my tool box while I use tools from a competitive brand.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Well built, easy to grip. This is a great idea, I have often needed some type of light to see into a small opening when using long nose pliers and these are the perfect answer.
I purchased this set as additional tools for my already overstocked tool box simply due to the light, handy in many situations. The tools are sturdy and I have no doubt will last a lifetime but don't expect to cut anything, not even a small zip tie! They were returned the next day from purchase. If you don't need the cutter go for it.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.