Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||8 in.|
|Color and Styling:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.6|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Length (in.):||5|
|Handle Type:||Plastic Dip|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Lifetime Warranty|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 8" Slip Joint Pliers Won't Slack On the Job
These Craftsman 8 in. slip joint pliers are the foundation of any toolbox, pro or DIY. Great for conquering everyday tasks from a quick bike fix to changing out that old showerhead.
The body of the pliers is made from heat-treated alloy steel, so you get the strength and durability you need to grip, twist or tighten as necessary. This 2 in. wide tool will last through all of your toughest jobs, whether they're in your garage or at your work site.
The Craftsman 8 in. pliers have a slip-joint fulcrum so you can open and close the jaws by incremental degrees, allowing you to get more grip on smaller hardware and to fit the pliers over bigger hardware. You will be able to use this tool in many areas, from household fixes to mechanical problems.
- Craftsman 8" slip joint pliers are 2" wide and made of heat-treated alloy steel
- Handles are dipped in black plastic, which provides protection from fatigue
- Slip-joint fulcrum allows you to adjust the size of the jaws for bigger and smaller applications
- These pliers work for gripping, crimping, tightening, pulling and much more
- Weighing only 6 oz., these pliers are unlikely to wear you out or weigh you down
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
I bought a 6 3/4 and 10 inch plier with this 8 inch plier set. You come out cheaper buying individually. The pliers are made in USA and they are way better than the el cheapo set that have a nut holding the pliers together. the jaws work smooth and there is very little side to side play.
Sioux Falls, SD
Lake Forest, CA
This is a US made pliers and has no proud nut on it, so it can be used flush to a flat surface to remove a nut or bolt when needed. That is a nice feature. These are big and strong at 8" size. Good deal.
I think Sears/Craftsman pliers continue to represent a great value in domestic made hand tools. I recently added a few more pliers to my 15+ year old inventory (that have all held up very well). As with my others, this has great fit and finish...the simple black dipped handles feel no different than my old ones, which have held up very well. The joint is tight with no slop, but moves easy. I like the smooth rivet design, but you can't tighten it if it loosens over time. The jaws line up very well. It appears they are applying a clear coat finish to them as well, perhaps to reduce rusting on the ground faces? A nice touch that my older pliers don't have, but I'm indifferent on its need. Still USA made with a WF marking.
Best slip joint pliers I've ever come across. I'm particular about my tools and have tried many slip joint pliers. Most slip joint pliers are just a Ford Pinto. These are the Mercedes of slip joint pliers. Nice clean forgings (dare i say attractive?!) The joint is tight; absolutely no wobble so the jaws stay aligned and the work piece doesn't twist causing you to lose your grip on it. The flush rivet is attractive and functional, allowing you to clamp them in a bench or mill vise to make mods to the jaws. Nice even brushed finish without excessive rounding at the edges. Often companies try to "pop" a finish to make it shiny, but it ends up with character lines washed out, rounded over edges and looks terrible. Not the case here. No bling, just a nice workman-like finish. The handles appear dipped, not cheap vinyl slip on variety. They also have a nice texture to them allowing for a positive grip. They are made in the US and competively priced to boot. Frankly, tool quality is getting poorer by the day (even Craftsman quality, in general, isn't what it used to be). So, it's simply amazing to find something like this that is intelligently designed and competantly fabricated. The lowly slip joint plier has finally been done right.
definitely worth every penny. try that with evolve, you better save receipt and wait a month or more getting it back by mail, if you buy evolve. That's not the case with original Craftsman.
I've had this pliers for years and recently had to exchange it for free because the insulation on the handle was separating. The store's salesman made the exchange without a hitch or a question. The best handtools and guarantee ever.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid until 4/27/2015 at 7am CST. Offer ends 27-Apr-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.