Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Head Weight:||8 oz.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.2|
|Handle Length (in.):||12|
Ratings & Reviews
Feel the Power When You Grip Old Hickory with the Craftsman Ball Pein Hammer
It's important to have the right tool for the job, and this Craftsman 8 oz ball pein hammer is perfectly suited for striking metal like chisels and punches. You can also use this workhorse of a hammer for shaping unhardened metal or for peining rivets. Versatile and easy to use, this hammer has a replaceable head and comes with an attractive and solid hickory handle a foot long for extra power when you need it.
This Craftsman ball pein hammer is engineered and manufactured for common household, shop and on-the-job repairs or construction that entail striking a metal surface safely and with precision. Craftsman quality is evident from the tip of the solid head to the length of the 12 inch long wood handle. This tool feels right in your hand and is balanced and weighted to give you a safe and solid strike every time you use it.
- This Craftsman 8 oz ball pein hammer is a quality-made tool that helps you strike or pein metal with power and accuracy
- The long 12 inch handle is made of hickory wood for durability and for its smooth, splinter-free finish
- Both the face of this hammer and pein are manufactured with care for uniformity and balance
- The head is replaceable
- Affordable, this hammer makes a great gift for any homeowner or craftsperson
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
This is a great value in Made in the USA Ball Pein Hammers. I bought this to complete a set of Craftsman Ball Pein Hammers I bought earlier. The head it top quality steal, machining on the head is perfect. The wood handle is nice quality hard wood with a nice stained finish. This holds up to dirt and grease well in an auto shop. Just wipe it down with a rag and it looks like new again, even after heavy all day use. Love these Craftsman Hammers. Keep 'em in the USA, please don't outsource these hammers overseas.
Great hammer, matches the rest of the Craftsman USA-made ball peins. I find myself using the 16oz for most things but this 8 oz is great for careful hammering when you don't need a lot of force. I also have the 4 oz but that is not as useful as this 8 oz unless you are doing extremely sensitive work.
Great quality hammer. Lighter 8oz weight gives better control and prevents damage when you don't need a heavier hammer to get the job done. Hickory handle absorbs shock and reduces hand fatigue. Made in the USA by Vaughn for Craftsman.
Fort Campbell, KY
Harpers Ferry, WV
Floyds Knobs, IN
I know that there have been a great many changes in Hammer design over the decades. There are now steel, fiberglass and even composite handled hammers. For a purist like me, however, nothing matches the feel of a good old fashioned hickory handle. This ball pein hammer takes me back to a day with things were simpler and the job at hand was worth doing right, if it was worth doing at all. One cool little note, is that the Craftsman Logo is burned right into the handle of each hammer. No stickers to peal off leaving a gooing mess which attracts dirt and grime. Remember that quality work requires quality tools!
I know that there have been a great many changes in Hammer design over the decades. There are now steel, fiberglass and even composite handled hammers. For a purist like me, however, nothing matches the feel of a good old fashioned hickory handle.
This ball pein hammer takes me back to a day with things were simpler and the job at hand was worth doing right, if it was worth doing at all. One cool little note, is that the Craftsman Logo is burned right into the handle of each hammer. No stickers to peal off leaving a gooing mess which attracts dirt and grime.
Remember that quality work requires quality tools!
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.