Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||3.06|
|Quantity in Set:||8|
Ratings & Reviews
Sizes include: 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16 and 3/4 in. Ratcheting box end provides speed in working on a fastener since there's no need to lift between turns. One-hand reversing lever allows user to switch directions easily. 12 degree offset box end allows knuckle clearance. Fine tooth ratcheting action (72 teeth) turns fastener with only a 5 degree arc.
Smooth, easy to clean and designed to eliminate knuckle dragging turns in tight areas, this 8 pc. standard wrench set is built to deliver through hundreds of jobs. Machined to precise tolerances and crafted from high strength alloyed steel, each wrench helps put an end to slip, while the clearly marked sizes make reaching for the right wrench quick and simple. Flexible and built to give you continuous contact with hard to reach fasteners, take hold of this set and get the job done right with Craftsman.
- 8 pc. standard wrench set includes: 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16 and 3/4 in. sizes
- Ratcheting box end speeds up work with constant fastener contact
- One-hand reversing lever allows user to switch directions easily
- 12 degree offset box end keeps the skin on your knuckles
- 72 tooth ratcheting mechanism rotates fast with only 5 degrees of swing
- Rugged alloyed steel build stands up to heavy torquing
- Solid design helps eliminate slip and stripping
- Backed by the Craftsman Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have had this set for 5 years now. They are quality wrenches and have never had issues with any of them. They have a nice smooth ratcheting with I think 60 or 70 teeth. My only wish was that Craftsman would make 1/4" ratcheting wrench. (Mine are USA made.)
Most ratcheting wrenches are straight and it is easy to bust your knuckles when using it on a flat surface. the offset takes you off the surface a little bit and saves your knuckles.
I had been looking to purchase a set, but after reviews and close inspection could not. Yes, even in this day and age of fine manufacturing techniques China's products still can't come up to par with others. So for a mid-range set I went with DeWalt it is made in Taiwan, but with the quality we are looking for.
I bought these to compliment the metrics I already had. I've had those for years and they make life so much easier! The metrics I had are made in the good old USA, these are Chinese. It appears you might get either one from reading other reviews. I ordered online and got the Chinese ones. Comparing the two, the open end is bigger on these than the US made ones and are a bit thicker and heavier too. I can't really tell a difference in the quality of these yet as I haven't used them under much stress yet. The US made ones are flawless and these seem to work the same thus far at least on lightweight applications. Unfortunately, it is getting harder and harder to get made in the USA, even from Craftsman.
Bought this set to travel with my husband who does engine work. Saves making a couple trips to the truck to have the right tools. Made with great Craftsman quality. Handy to have.
This is a great product but if you get the china made ones they are too thick and mess up from the wrench easier. The US made ones are about 1/3 thinner lighter and feel more durable
San Antonio, TX
The new chinese made wrenches are garbage. The heads are huge. The open end opens up. The ratchet end is also huge and the ratchet is weak. These went from an awesome wrench at an awesome price to garbage at the same price. Save some money and get the GearWrench, it is the same thing.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools, reflected in price shown, Sold by Sears! Offer ends 20-Sep-2014 See details.