Craftsman 80pc Max Axess 1/4 & 3/8-in. Dr. Socket Wrench SetItem# 00932820000 | Model# 39180
Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||Lifetime warranty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||8.8|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Number of Tools:||80|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Adapters:||4|
|Number of Drive Tools:||1|
|Number of Extensions:||2|
|Number of Quick Release Ratchets:||2|
|Number of Sockets:||71|
|Drive Socket Depth:||Standard|
Ratings & Reviews
1/4 & 3/8-in. Wrench Set Puts Tough Torquing in Your Hands
Combining the quick grab of standard with the superior reach and contact area of deep well sockets, this Craftsman 80pc Dr. Socket wrench set delivers quick spinning action and high torsion turns to your shop. Featuring the superior strength of a unique ridge design and the muscle of an alloyed steel build, each ratchet is up to 45% stronger than traditional versions, so when it comes to tough turns and hard torquing action, this 80 piece is always ready.
Bringing both 1/4 and 3/8 inch sockets and drivers to your toolbox, the 1/4 & 3/8-in. wrench set is designed to turn dozens of fasteners while working on your car, tuning-up that lawn mower and all around the house, from fixing up appliances to helping grandma with her plumbing, this set gets it done. Featuring serious grip on Torx, Hex, standard inch and metric fasteners, and protected by the power of a Craftsman Forever Warranty, this 80 piece twists and turns when you need it, for life. Invest in this set, and invest in a job well done for decades.
- Pass-thru socket system in 1/4- and 3/8-in. drive works on any length fastener, from short to peaked
- Thumb activated directional adjustment swaps fast
- Polished steel finish wipes clean quickly
- Blow molded plastic case stores neat, clean and protects against moisture damage
- Two ratchets fit into spaces traditional ratchets and sockets cannot
- Includes regular, hex and Torx® socket sizes in inch and metric ranges
- Backed by the Craftsman Lifetime Warranty
- Craftsman 80pc Dr. Socket Wrench Set includes:
- -1/4 in. Drive (35)
- 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16 in. 6pt Sockets (10)
- 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 7 ,8 ,9, 10, 11, 12, 13 MM 6pt Sockets (13)
- 5/64, 3/32, 7/64, 1/8 in. Hex Bit Sockets (4)
- 2, 2.5, 3 MM Hex Bit Sockets (3)
- T8, T10 Torx Bit Sockets (2)
- 3 in. Extension
- 1/4-in. Drive Pass-Thru Ratchet
- 1/4 in. Square-Drive Adapter
- 3/8 in. Drive (44)
- 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8 in. 6pt Sockets (9)
- 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 6pt Sockets (10)
- 9/64, 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8 in. Hex Bit Sockets (7)
- 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 MM Hex Bit Sockets (6)
- T15, T20, T25, T27, T30, T40, T45 Torx Bit Sockets (7)
- 3 in. Extension
- 3/8 in. Drive Pass-Thru Ratchet
- 3/8 in. x ¼ in. Pass-Thru Adapter
- 1/4 in. Square-Drive Adapter
- 3/8 in. Square-Drive Adapter
- Pass-Thru Driver Handle
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 01, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I received this as a gift several years ago and thought "Oh, boy...a Chinese goofy homeowner socket set" and smiled and said thanks. Then, one day I needed a metric socket and pulled out this set. Figuring it was junk, I was unprepared to for the good quality tools contained in this set. I threw the set in the back of my truck and suddenly found myself using this set for virtually everything that requires smaller sockets. Great for working on the car/truck, with all the different size metric and SAE hex heads. Powered equipment (lawn mowers) is another great use. The handle and extensions turn this set into a great nut driver set and with the hex head sockets, it covers most every application. Yes, like others, I used to Craftsman because it was Made in USA. Now, if I want Chinese-made tools, I go to any other the "improvement" stores or a store with "docks". However, fact is this set is as good as anything I ever got at Sears. The polish is great, better than the stuff I bought 25 years ago. The blow-case is perfect for carrying around. I don't know how long the latches will last but for now, all is good. I like the wobble in the extensions, just enough for those odd angles we all seem to get into these days. If this was a USA-made set and it cost twice as much, it would still be a good set. But no way would Sears be able to sell it, like it or nor. Bottom line, if you do mechanical work, you will probably like this set. Oh, and the adapters are great for a spark plug socket, even a universal.
overall this is a good set. the 3/8 drive ratchet is a lil rough even for a 72tooth ratchet it feels like it could use a good greasing but still haven't figured out how to take this style ratchet apart. the extensions and the screwdriver attachment are pretty much useless that barely hold in place are very wobley and sometimes the socket falls out I have the 6pt set and the universal spline set and I have the same issue with both of them however besides that the rest of the set is great and I think once I lube the ratchet gears that will be working very good as well. I would still recommend this product to some it has come in handy.
Fort Wayne, IN
I bought this as a birthday gift for my boyfriend. (He picked it out.) He loves it. He said, "Now I have all the wrenches I need in one handy case". If he's happy.....I'm happy. He loves Craftsman tools! I received this item the day after I ordered it on-line. That's amazing!
I like this set because you get a very complete socket set in a light & compact case. It's a great product for people that have limited storage space but need a socket/hex set for everyday projects. The only real limitation I have found with the Max Axess socket wrench product line is the sparse selection of extensions.
I have several socket sets but this one is the best. Its not particularly expensive but the design is excellent. The pass through is no gimmick. It has proven useful time after time. The low profile also helps get into hard to reach places. The "other" bits (hex etc) all have a 3/8 square drive in the back making them cross compatible with other drivers (I use them on my drill) which is very convenient. For the average user this is a great set. I am very happy with the quality and durability. Been using them for over a year on a regular basis with no issues.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Members get $10 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.